The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I'm on benefits and would have voted labour had I voted, guess I'm a chav.

Really though these days the crap 'chavs' wear actually costs quite a lot!
Reply 21
houseing estates or "projects" as their known as in america have lately been moved to the out skirts of most citys to cause less of a problem to the inner city population. however they will go to the inner city just like every one else. most locals will be abel to tell you the rough spots to avoid.

also if you need more info on what chavs look like or how they are known to behave check out these 3 videos

this is a spooth wich was so real people did not realise it was a joke for a very long time those who havent heard of devo think useally dont know its a joke spooth of chavs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20_WyHOXsRc

Real Chavs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyU2z-FJr8

How Chavs are generally depicted in the media
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrkUMjoXWdY&feature=related
Reply 22
tobehonest theres alot of hate towards anyone wearing a tracksuit and quite often i find myself feeling like the only person who actully see's all this hatred towards chavs a prejudice. its a stereo type for the general poor whites in the uk. cause after all most people dont really consider black people in tracksuits as chavs and would never have the bottle to stereotype black people publicly despite what racist views they harbour at home cause it would effect them being all popular n ****.

its just bigotted snobbery in my opinion.

i dont kno many people who have actully been through serious deprivement and hardships in life that view chavs in the same way that most people from a "comfortable" background
Reply 23
thelancastrian
I saw one vote in my polling station...the woman had to instruct him how exactly to cast his vote, mind you.

I think even the most primitive of monkeys can draw an "X" in a box. Therefore, I believe at least some chavs will be able to as well.

lol comparing the poor to animals and apes? that union jack in ur display is starting to make more sense now
I have signed up to this forum for the specific purpose of replying to this (no doubt I'll get into posting here now...).

My traditional answer has been that they are mythical beasts of legend which steal your wallets.

They are however, scummy, evil little b******s who I can't stand being anywhere near (did you know Rushden, to which I live very close, is the eight-worst chav town in the UK?). Chav stands for Council House Associated Vermin apparently, but I've heard other stories about that too.

They steal, they lie, they fight, they scrounge off benefits paid by working people's taxes, they obliterate the English language, they're racist, they create terribly large amounts of children (or spawn), carry knives and sometimes guns, and all deserve to be the target of the first justified genocide on Earth. Personally I advocate sticking them on an uninhabited island somewhere, telling one of them that another called his mate "yo mum" and then watching the chaos unfold. We could film it and compare their behaviour to that of single-celled animals.

The benefits of their destruction would be thus:
- Eastenders and other such **** would only have interesting characters.
- We could disband the police.
- We could disband street-cleaners.
- We would have the space for hard-working immigrants.
- We could afford a spaceship with the saved money from benefits.
- School could become a place of learning instead of drugs, sex, knives and fighting.

Feel free to add more :biggrin:

Yes, I really do hate them. I have a habit of not being very patient, and will always reply to them when they yell something at me (normally "Pardon" ) and they don't like me replying. I have been mugged, chased with knives by them, and had my nose broken by one. I really, really, really hate them. And I hate it even more when I'm accused of being classist.

Hoped you enjoyed my rant :biggrin:
Mick.w
lol comparing the poor to animals and apes? that union jack in ur display is starting to make more sense now

Poor =/= Chav. I compare chavs to animals, not the poor.

Is it really that much more of an effort to type "your" instead of "ur" on a keyboard? And for the record, I come from a poor family and still managed to be educated and not act like a ****. So thats your little theory of out of the window I guess.
Reply 26
thelancastrian
Poor =/= Chav. I compare chavs to animals, not the poor.

Is it really that much more of an effort to type "your" instead of "ur" on a keyboard? And for the record, I come from a poor family and still managed to be educated and not act like a ****. So thats your little theory of out of the window I guess.

a chav a is a sterotype for the poor whites. n as for you comein from a poor family you may have noticed that everyone has sum chip on their shoulder and always have some hard life story. wich is cool infront of your upper-working class friends but u'll look like a dickhead infront of people that are ACTULLY poor.

also being snobby/petty enough to try n make an issue out of grammer on an internet forum only helps prove my assumption.
Reply 27
Matthew220891
I have signed up to this forum for the specific purpose of replying to this (no doubt I'll get into posting here now...).

My traditional answer has been that they are mythical beasts of legend which steal your wallets.

They are however, scummy, evil little b******s who I can't stand being anywhere near (did you know Rushden, to which I live very close, is the eight-worst chav town in the UK?). Chav stands for Council House Associated Vermin apparently, but I've heard other stories about that too.

They steal, they lie, they fight, they scrounge off benefits paid by working people's taxes, they obliterate the English language, they're racist, they create terribly large amounts of children (or spawn), carry knives and sometimes guns, and all deserve to be the target of the first justified genocide on Earth. Personally I advocate sticking them on an uninhabited island somewhere, telling one of them that another called his mate "yo mum" and then watching the chaos unfold. We could film it and compare their behaviour to that of single-celled animals.

- School could become a place of learning instead of drugs, sex, knives and fighting.

Yes, I really do hate them. I have a habit of not being very patient, and will always reply to them when they yell something at me (normally "Pardon" ) and they don't like me replying. I have been mugged, chased with knives by them, and had my nose broken by one. I really, really, really hate them. And I hate it even more when I'm accused of being classist.

the problem is your being classist as soon as u use what is essentially a term for the general white poor.

theres a diffrence between saying. those are just some nob heads that live near by. as soon as you start to generalise thats where things become dangerous.

if you got robbed or chased by a black person whats stopping you from generlising them.

or classing every muslim as a terrorist.

but clearly your out of touch with reality wich is fair enough considering your probably too scared to go out side due to whats happend to you. but unless youve actully seen some one murderd in front of you, yet alone whitness a genocide you shouldnt really talk about **** you know nothing about. thats like a virigin giving sex tips.

you also seem to just hate alot in general but youve got to be careful that your angry reclusive boy syndrome dosent turn you into a hitler wannabe
Urban Dictionary
Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion). This lad is strutting around, fag in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling” when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.
My mate has become a chav what can i do? answer is shoot him before it is too late

more here http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chav :yep:
Rudeboys/girls with hoodies, bikes, yellowish teeth and preferably a beer can standing outside the mall or located at a park. Usually loud, juvenile and working class. One member of the group is a teenage parent and a good half suffer from anti-social behaviour. Poor literacy skill and a drop out. That's what I call chav.
paddy__power
Well I'm on benefits and would have voted labour had I voted, guess I'm a chav.

Really though these days the crap 'chavs' wear actually costs quite a lot!

Paid for by stolen goods probably :wink:
Cultivated
Paid for by stolen goods probably :wink:

For the most part, yes. Or by benefit fraud >.<

Kids, eh.
Reply 32
this.
and a large number of them are northern, which makes them even worse.

**** off. I've seen more chavs in the south than in the north. I'd wager that London has more chavs than the whole of the UK combined.
Reply 33
Matthew220891

You jus got your first rep! :biggrin:
Nambat
In council houses

True but slightly unfair. Not everyone who lives in council houses is a chav.
Reply 35

I had no idea either but i found the same source helpful.
Mick.w
a chav a is a sterotype for the poor whites. n as for you comein from a poor family you may have noticed that everyone has sum chip on their shoulder and always have some hard life story. wich is cool infront of your upper-working class friends but u'll look like a dickhead infront of people that are ACTULLY poor.

also being snobby/petty enough to try n make an issue out of grammer on an internet forum only helps prove my assumption.

That hurt my eyes. Please...learn to type properly before attempting to communicate with fellow people on the internet.

And no, a chav is NOT a stereotype for poor whites. It's nothing to do with being white and it's nothing to do with being poor. You are just one big bag of fail aren't you?
Sayers
I had no idea either but i found the same source helpful.

glad to be helpful :o:
was it you i got the annon rep from?
Reply 38
Notker
**** off. I've seen more chavs in the south than in the north. I'd wager that London has more chavs than the whole of the UK combined.

depends what you call chavs and what you call just gangs really, i admit there's a lot of chavs in london but proportionally there's ********* less than in northern towns and cities, especially when you consider that outside london there isn't really any places with like millions of chavs bar essex and bristol - up north there's liverpool, the rest of merseyside, whole of greater manchester, leeds, bradford, newcastle, sunderland, middelsbrough, hull, sheffield, and so on....
Reply 39
thelancastrian
There are chavs all over the country. Only difference is northern chavs fight with their fists whilst the southern equivilent use knives and guns. Innit.

they're not just chavs, they're proper gangs.

and proportionally, there's more up north

Latest