The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'll be 18. 19th birthday about two weeks into term.
Reply 21
I will be 19. I took a year out after GCSEs and became a bum.
why isn't there an option for me? i'm 17... :frown:
18 first time round and 20 this time.
Reply 24
I'll be 19 because my birthday is the week before i start! :frown:
Reply 25
I will be 18 but I turn 19 in November
Reply 26
ah so it's a good mixture then :smile: I was just wondering because i'll be 18 when i start in October, but i was having second thoughts about going to Southampton and intially wanted to go to Edinburgh - i wonder how many times i've said that already on here? :s: oh well! i'll say it again :p:

So i might apply to Edinburgh this year for straight economics and take a maths A level before i go and while i'm at it probably re-take politics. Plus i will give me a good chance to save up some money as well.

It's all in the pipeline at the moment though, it will probably never happen lol. I might be setting my sights too high. I was just wondering bcause if i was going to re-apply i didn't want to feel too old if i went next year.
Reply 27
Sarky
I was 20 when i started my foundation year, strictly speaking i'll be a mature student (21) when i start the first year of the five year course. But i as Catherine Tate says: "I ain't bothered". People really don't care how old you are once you get there.

What a ****ing liberty! :wink:
Fluffy

Shes only got a headache! hehe.... :rolleyes:
morningtheft
why isn't there an option for me? i'm 17... :frown:

I'm in the same ship as you~ there needs to be a '17' option :p:
Reply 30
I was 17 when I started uni......

(like one of those child prodigies or something)
Reply 31
I'll also be 17! no option for me! :frown:
Reply 32
Fluffy

:biggrin: You're a silly billy you are :biggrin:
hongkongstudent
I'm in the same ship as you~ there needs to be a '17' option :p:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.. I was starting to think I'd be the youngest one at uni :frown: (it doesn't help that i look even younger than i am!)
I don't understand how you can be 17 when you start uni without having skipped a year. Surely everyone is 18 before the end of August?
I skipped a year.

But I know people (in America, at least) who will be 17 when starting uni who have not skipped a year. Some people just start kindergarten (year 1 in the uk) earlier.
Reply 36
I'll be 18!!! I know it sounds silly but I don't feel old enough yet!!

xxx
Reply 37
hallucination
I don't understand how you can be 17 when you start uni without having skipped a year. Surely everyone is 18 before the end of August?

In America you can have your bday in September, October, December, etc...be one of the youngest, and still not have skipped a year (and be 17 when you start uni). (School starts in late August usually...)
Reply 38
This might sound like a silly question, but i'm a little worrier. :redface: I'm scared that if i start uni when i'm 19 everyone else will be year or so younger and i don't want to feel out of place. Will this happen? Or is there generally a mixture of ages?
Reply 39
Cellardore
This might sound like a silly question, but i'm a little worrier. :redface: I'm scared that if i start uni when i'm 19 everyone else will be year or so younger and i don't want to feel out of place. Will this happen? Or is there generally a mixture of ages?

Yeah, because when you're 19 you suddenly gain 30 pounds and look like a middle-aged mother.....

Not to mention 18-year olds play with legos and my little ponies.

I hope this has sufficiently answered your query.

Latest

Trending

Trending