The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i never failed :p:
Reply 2
IN my first test I got a dangerous as I mucked up a roundabout cos I tried to come off in the filter lane and the examiner had to grab the wheel! Apart from that I got none and he had the kindness to say I was a good driver, despite nearly killing him!

In my second test I passed though thought I had failed on reverse round a corner as wasn't straight.
I drove on the red light!!:O It changed when I was passing it and I was driving so slowly I should have stopped.
First time the examiner was a jerk..! second time passed it with two minor faults..
Going too fast. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
i drove up onto the kerb. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Got 4 undue hesitations :hmmmm:
Past 1st time :redface: My friend got a major for going too fast round a roundabout though. My other friend failed twice - once for going over the kerb when going round a corner, and once for hitting the kerb when reversing round a corner.
Reply 9
I never failed but when i got out the car at the test center my instructor and me both noted the black cat by the car and i thought it meant unlucky he thought lucky, anyway still there when i left and when i got back it sat beside the car again...i passed so i guess it was lucky :biggrin:
I've not taken my test yet. Not quite up to test standard but even when I am I'll be too nervous to take it!
Reply 11
I got my rules of the road confused - was turning off (to the right) onto a side road and waited for the person on the side road to pull out. And waited. And waited. And waited.
On a 100 yard stretch between 2 roundabouts, was told to take the first exit left. i was in the right lane. With a lorry in the left one. We were both going at the speed limit....so in the last second i cut infront of him and took the first left! :eek: Should have gone all the way round and out!

Well, 2 failed so far. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Passed first time!
I passed 2nd time. the first time I carried on moving during my reverse around a corner while there was a car passing so i failed on observation.
I have heard of a guy who failed because he came up to a roundabout and the examiner said "turn right" so the guy actually did turn right and went the wrong way around the roundabout!!! It sounds too crazy to be true though!
Reply 14
I nearly caused a crash at a roundabout. woops.
Reply 15
First Test...wasn't ready and had soooo many majors :p:
Second Test...Hitting another car *ahem* 'Clearance to obstructions' :biggrin:
Third Test...Speeding :redface:
Fourth Test...coming soon so keep off the roads!

I really am a crap driver :bawling: I get too nervous :frown:
* gemchicken
First Test...wasn't ready and had soooo many majors :p:
Second Test...Hitting another car *ahem* 'Clearance to obstructions' :biggrin:
Third Test...Speeding :redface:
Fourth Test...coming soon so keep off the roads!

I really am a crap driver :bawling: I get too nervous :frown:

I failed my 1st time for driving too slowly!!! and also for steering to irratically!? Im odd!
Reply 17
My friend drives so fast now and is quite scary but he picked up a minor on his test for going to slowly!
Reply 18
1st time - It was raining REALLY hard and i couldnt see the colour of the road - i stopped at a traffic light in the cycle lane
2nd time - Panicked and mucked up a reverse round a corner
3rd time - Examiner hated me, failed me for going ''too far'' reversing round a corner (i was within 2 car lengths)
4th - Passed with 4 minors :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 19
Passed first time... I would have never heard the last of it from my Mum if I hadn't!

Almost failed from having to "adjust" my speed very quickly in the rain from 70mph to 30mph cause the examiner wanted to go left :biggrin:.

Latest

Trending

Trending