The Student Room Group

Reform: Deputy Secretary General (vote)

DSGDuties:
Assist the SG when required.
Act as Chief Whip of the MUN in order to encourage others to turnout for particular votes particularly when a key member of a specific debate fails to turn out.
Organises votes of no confidence in the SG and AG.
Becomes temporary acting SG at the request of the SG or at the request of the GA if they feel the SG has been inactive for too long.

Powers and limitations:
When acting as acting SG they have all the powers of the SG.
While they are acting SG the AG will be in charge of any vote of no confidence against them.
In the absence of both the SG and the DSG this role of acting SG can be passed temporarily to the AG.
Will be made part of the UN and SC usergroup

Election:
Elected in the same way as the SG would be, with 4 month terms.
A term can be extended by up to a month at the discretion of the SG if they are recently elected to the post
This election will be held by the acting SG.

Scroll to see replies

A slip of the hand meant I voted no by accident :facepalm:
Reply 2
thunder_chunky
A slip of the hand meant I voted no by accident :facepalm:

I can edit polls. Tell me which way to edit it and I can :smile:
DayneD89
I can edit polls. Tell me which way to edit it and I can :smile:

I'd like to vote for the first option, "Yes, as it is."

Thanks
Reply 4
thunder_chunky
I'd like to vote for the first option, "Yes, as it is."

Thanks

Done. Took a while as I'm doing work that's supposed to be done by the HoC Speaker :mad:

/off topic
DayneD89
Done. Took a while as I'm doing work that's supposed to be done by the HoC Speaker :mad:

/off topic

Thanks.

As for the HoC Speaker, shame on you, wherever you are!! :p:
Just one query - will the DSG have FA powers permanently, but can only use them at the discretion of the SG? Or will they get powers just when they need it?
Reply 7
Student2806
Just one query - will the DSG have FA powers permanently, but can only use them at the discretion of the SG? Or will they get powers just when they need it?

Well if this passed they would permanently have group leader powers, but only FA powers when the SG was away. There are several reasons for this. One, the mods don't like us having too many FAs. two, if they are going to be running VoNCs it looks better if they don't have the power to edit polls :wink: three, its simply easier than asking the mods to change the FA powers every 4 months.
Reply 8
Will the DSG also get free subscription too?
I hope it goes through as I think its a good and much needed idea.
Reply 10
Wata
Will the DSG also get free subscription too?

Only if/when acting SG. Free sub comes with FA powers, so the DSG (and AG) would only have free sub when acting as SG. In the case of the DSG then only when the SG is away for a prolonged period of time (the mods wouldn't give FA powers for only a few days) and for the AG when the SG and DSG are away.
Reply 11
So the FA and Subs get added when your away, sounds like a good idea. & the Attorney General usertitle is added too right?

Are there any particular rules/have's to be DSG (for example) been a member in the MUN for X or so months?
Reply 12
Wata
So the FA and Subs get added when your away, sounds like a good idea. & the Attorney General usertitle is added too right?

Are there any particular rules/have's to be DSG (for example) been a member in the MUN for X or so months?

Basically yes. FA and free sub go hand in hand. Free sub comes with being an FA. The usertitles, subs can edit themselves. If non-subs can't I could ask the mods to see if they could do that. if not then no, that wouldn't come with it.

And no, for the AG place you will need to be selected as one of the three by the SG/DSG, but there are no real limits there and no real limits (above the GAs discretion) for the DSG.
Reply 13
Ahh ok I got ya, I want to go for the AG, have a good law background both in the UK and Internationally. One of the three?
Reply 14
Wata
Ahh ok I got ya, I want to go for the AG, have a good law background both in the UK and Internationally. One of the three?

Save it for the election if this passes :wink:

Yes, I know, I said I'd go for it back in the MKII thread so kettle, pot, black... :getmecoat:
Reply 15
Heartbreak for Fulham :frown:
Hell yes! I'm up for this :smile:
Reply 17
looks like this is going to pass...no point even waiting for 19th :p:
Reply 18
henil3110
looks like this is going to pass...no point even waiting for 19th :p:

Same with the other one, but Wednesday is update day anyway, so I'll wait to then as I can then start the election for the first one on Wednesday :smile:
Reply 19
DayneD89
Same with the other one, but Wednesday is update day anyway, so I'll wait to then as I can then start the election for the first one on Wednesday :smile:

Ok! :biggrin: No prob...

Latest

Trending

Trending