The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

T24
Yeah heres hoping, but then I suppose would mean the paper will be really hard though which would just leave me feeling depressed after it. :frown:

Meh this is true.

Why is there always that negative aspect to low grade boundaries?
The Maths exam has just ruined my chances to not need to get an A in this subject.
Reply 22
Livesindreams
The Maths exam has just ruined my chances to not need to get an A in this subject.

...what? :confused: Do you mean it is now imperative that you get an A in Physics? I think it should be all right, I've got a whole week to revise for it but half of that will be spent sleeping,eating and playing the PS3 :biggrin: . 2 EXAMS LEFT!!!!
CT_Scan
...what? :confused: Do you mean it is now imperative that you get an A in Physics? I think it should be all right, I've got a whole week to revise for it but half of that will be spent sleeping,eating and playing the PS3 :biggrin: . 2 EXAMS LEFT!!!!

I was hoping that because of Maths that I would be able to get a B in Physics, but now after seeing what I got then that might not be the case. Since next year when applying for uni I was hoping there wouldn't be too much pressure in getting the grades I needed because I'd already have them.
Reply 24
Livesindreams
I was hoping that because of Maths that I would be able to get a B in Physics, but now after seeing what I got then that might not be the case. Since next year when applying for uni I was hoping there wouldn't be too much pressure in getting the grades I needed because I'd already have them.

Ye it would be sweet having an unconditional knowing you can have a relaxing less stressful sixth year. Out of interest - what are you planning on doing at uni? And what are the entry requirements?
CT_Scan
Ye it would be sweet having an unconditional knowing you can have a relaxing less stressful sixth year. Out of interest - what are you planning on doing at uni? And what are the entry requirements?

Yeah I'd love an unconditional, not even so I can relax, just to know that my hard work is paying off.

I wanna do Psychology at Glasgow Uni, and I need; AABB, in English and Maths, plus either Geography/Modern Studies/Physics.

What about you?
I'm resitting-- got a C last year, but I was disappointed and wanted to retake (was planning to do Physics--what a bust!). I got an average A in my prelim (four or five marks above the cut off, I believe), but a C/B in the second prelim! Though I didn't study nearly half as much as I should have, I guess....

What always throws me in the first couple of questions is the scalar/vector Q. Let me see if I can remember what specifically confuses me:

Mass is a scalar (measured in.....kg?) but weight is a vector (N)? Or is it the other way around...
Reply 27
Corpsetaker
I'm resitting-- got a C last year, but I was disappointed and wanted to retake (was planning to do Physics--what a bust!). I got an average A in my prelim (four or five marks above the cut off, I believe), but a C/B in the second prelim! Though I didn't study nearly half as much as I should have, I guess....

What always throws me in the first couple of questions is the scalar/vector Q. Let me see if I can remember what specifically confuses me:

Mass is a scalar (measured in.....kg?) but weight is a vector (N)? Or is it the other way around...

Yep that's right. :biggrin:
Corpsetaker

That's right :smile:
I've still to start my physics revision, I think tomorrow is the day for it :smile: So expect me here with lots of "i don't have a clueeee" questions. Managed to do suprisingly well in the prelim, now kinda wish I'd paid a bit more attention for unit 3, I kinda learned some stuff just before the second prelim, but it only stayed in my brain for that hour and half :P
Reply 30
Now maths is over, physics study begins!
I won't be doing any physics till the 25th May in the afternoon after modern studies, although I have done a couple/few past papers before study leave :o:
Most likely going to get a B, want an A, but that's not happening.
Anyone know of any good revision sites for higher physics? I know of bitesize but I'm kinda hoping there's another one out there - biology has oronsay, chemistry has evans2chemweb, both of which I like to use, what is there for physics?
Reply 33
maan after that higher maths (i hope i scraped a B) I'm gonna really need an A for physics...LET THE SERIOUS REVISION BEGIN!!!
Reply 34
MySweetheartTheDrunk
Anyone know of any good revision sites for higher physics? I know of bitesize but I'm kinda hoping there's another one out there - biology has oronsay, chemistry has evans2chemweb, both of which I like to use, what is there for physics?

this one is alright:
http://www.helpmyphysics.co.uk/
then theres the old past paper answers here:
httpwww.webtribe.net~malloyacnetscape.html
Corpsetaker

Mass is how much of something you have, but weight is how it's being pulled - might help as a way of thinking about it. :dontknow:
Reply 36
Corpsetaker

The way I remember it, is that mass, temperature, energy are all scalars because they don't have direction. You can't have 12J of something to the left or a mass of 70kg to the right. Vectors do have direction however, so force is pushing a force to the right or accelerating a vehicle to the left. Hope that cleared things up.
Reply 37
Hi guys I was wondering if someone could check out the Bitesize questions on Op-Amps, I am absoloutely stuck on 11, and have systematically worked through all possible answers, so I assume it is an error on the page (as to me it seems there is no "correct answer" ).

How does everyone feel for the final exam? Physics has always come naturally to me up until this point but there is some obstacles in higher- mainly capacitors!

And how do you guys usually feel time-wise in physics? I think it's actually quite a well-timed exam.
Thanks Rizz/Unbeliever, could I ask you guys a few more questions? :p:

1) How would you define capacitance? I know it's the ratio of charge to voltage, but specific questions need you to state more than this, I think.

2) Resistors in series have the same current at every point, right? Whereas resistors in parallel split up the current depending on the resistance. Bigger resistors take smaller currents, don't they?

These are all I can think of now... They are pretty basic, I realise, but I just started serious revision today :tongue:
Corpsetaker
Thanks Rizz/Unbeliever, could I ask you guys a few more questions? :p:

I'm currently in the process of failing my physics course, so I'll let someone with a clue help, sorry. :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending