The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Whoa! You paid to do the IB??
Stella476
Oooh that is nice. I wish I could go back and go to your school! So small!

That would be soooo nice! Knowing everybody in IB would make it easy to make study groups and whatnot, even if you are all taking different classes. Do you think the small class size made it easier? I can only assume so.
How much does IB cost to do over there? We pay all our fees and for books and stuff (about 1,500$ I would guess), so the school just has to pay for the teachers who would be there anyway.

Ha we took all the same courses except I had Spanish and Psych instead of German and Geography. My levels are different, though. Are you finished with exams?

I am taking German if I get the chance this summer, but I might settle for Swedish or Norwegian. I would totally go into languages for my undergrad if they paid better and I didn't have to deal with people!!!

Oh yes the small class sizes are what saved me! I've made nine great friends :smile:

I go to a regular state school so IB is free for me :biggrin: The school is running it alongside the normal A-Levels so we haven't had anything compulsory to pay for. Obviously there's school trips and extra books and stuff but it's basically free.

And yep! I am FREEEEEEEE :eek3: Do you have any more?
Reply 62
loonyplatypus
Oh yes the small class sizes are what saved me! I've made nine great friends :smile:

I go to a regular state school so IB is free for me :biggrin: The school is running it alongside the normal A-Levels so we haven't had anything compulsory to pay for. Obviously there's school trips and extra books and stuff but it's basically free.

I prefered the smaller class scenario which my school being a new IB school afforded to me. I always found 30 people to be too much. I practically didn't speak to people in my year until mid year 12, and I don't think I would have done if it wasn't for small class sizes.
Thingeh
I prefered the smaller class scenario which my school being a new IB school afforded to me. I always found 30 people to be too much. I practically didn't speak to people in my year until mid year 12, and I don't think I would have done if it wasn't for small class sizes.

And you never would have become friends with truly amazing and flawless people like me :awesome:
Reply 64
iwilson03
And you never would have become friends with truly amazing and flawless people like me :awesome:

Very true. Needed a hardworking role-model like you to get me through.
Thingeh
Very true. Needed a hardworking role-model like you to get me through.

:yep: to be honest I'm not sure how you will cope without me as a model at uni :dontknow: ..it is something of a burden being so perfect :sigh:
Reply 66
iwilson03
:yep: to be honest I'm not sure how you will cope without me as a model at uni :dontknow: ..it is something of a burden being so perfect :sigh:

Indeed it is. Maybe we should get you transferred to same university course as me. How do you fancy a music degree?
Thingeh
Indeed it is. Maybe we should get you transferred to same university course as me. How do you fancy a music degree?

Aha. I'd be too good at it to be honest :wink:
Reply 68
iwilson03
Aha. I'd be too good at it to be honest :wink:

Shame. I'd be too bad at a history degree.
Thingeh
Shame. I'd be too bad at a history degree.

That's because you are not perfect, like me, stop trying to overdo yourself :no:

Know your limits! :woo: :wink:
Mind if I add a couple?

Bio field trip, which was pure win
EE week (yes, we got a week of sitting around in university libraries pretending to do work)
Getting a summer entry pass for one of the aforementioned libraries :biggrin:
Organising an international day for about 300 primary school students a week before the date... and it not going horribly wrong
Year 12 :biggrin:

And while they're not exactly the 'best' memories:
Working 'solidly' (I use that in the loosest sense of the term) on my ToK essay from 3pm one day to 5am the next
Handing in my personal statement on the day of the deadline (shock horror!), despite having EE/ToK/English/Maths/History to do :smile:

I've got to admit, I've never pulled an all-nighter for the IB (ToK was christmas holiday work), but I blame it completely for mucking up my sleeping patterns. And also for introducing me to the idea that to go to bed before 1am is to waste the most productive working time of the whole day...

I really want it to be monday afternoon already though, and to not have to do friday morning. SL music for the lose. :eek:
Reply 71
iwilson03
That's because you are not perfect, like me, stop trying to overdo yourself :no:

Know your limits! :woo: :wink:

pfft. History sounds frightening now!
Reply 72
young.scarlett.young
Mind if I add a couple?

Bio field trip, which was pure win
EE week (yes, we got a week of sitting around in university libraries pretending to do work)
Getting a summer entry pass for one of the aforementioned libraries :biggrin:
Organising an international day for about 300 primary school students a week before the date... and it not going horribly wrong
Year 12 :biggrin:

And while they're not exactly the 'best' memories:
Working 'solidly' (I use that in the loosest sense of the term) on my ToK essay from 3pm one day to 5am the next
Handing in my personal statement on the day of the deadline (shock horror!), despite having EE/ToK/English/Maths/History to do :smile:

I've got to admit, I've never pulled an all-nighter for the IB (ToK was christmas holiday work), but I blame it completely for mucking up my sleeping patterns. And also for introducing me to the idea that to go to bed before 1am is to waste the most productive working time of the whole day...

I really want it to be monday afternoon already though, and to not have to do friday morning. SL music for the lose. :eek:

Omg someone else who does music! I thought I was the only one on TSR!!! (I do HL, but still).
Thingeh
pfft. History sounds frightening now!

Baaahhhh, if I can do History, anyone can :biggrin:
Thingeh
Omg someone else who does music! I thought I was the only one on TSR!!! (I do HL, but still).

Aren't we the lucky ones? I'm actually the only one doing music in my school and somehow I think the joke's on me... I'm entertaining dreams of coming out of the exam room without crying, but somehow I doubt that'll happen :P

Good luck for friday, have you got any exams before then?
Also... it's a bit sneaky of me to ask, I know, but how are you tackling Dido and Aeneas? I'm having a minor panic about whether they're going to throw some really really out-there questions at us (like they did with studies and bio paper 2...)
Reply 75
young.scarlett.young
Aren't we the lucky ones? I'm actually the only one doing music in my school and somehow I think the joke's on me... I'm entertaining dreams of coming out of the exam room without crying, but somehow I doubt that'll happen :P

Good luck for friday, have you got any exams before then?
Also... it's a bit sneaky of me to ask, I know, but how are you tackling Dido and Aeneas? I'm having a minor panic about whether they're going to throw some really really out-there questions at us (like they did with studies and bio paper 2...)

I have spanish tommorow then it's just music.

From then onwards, I'd value having someone to "talk music" with, if you're up for it.
Thingeh
I have spanish tommorow then it's just music.

From then onwards, I'd value having someone to "talk music" with, if you're up for it.

Sure thing, although I doubt you'll find me a lot of use. Let's just say that music has come rather considerably lower on my list of priorities over the past two years than studies and history *makes a face*

Good luck with the spanish, and lucky you finishing on Friday!
Reply 77
loonyplatypus

Oh my goodness, that is insane! I cannot believe that it is free for you!!! Everybody else here goes for -relatively- free (It is supposed to be free, but they stack all sorts of fees on everybody. Idiots.)

Omigoodness, congratulations! That is supreme! I have Spanish papers 1 and 2 tomorrow, but that is IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^_^ I am so excited. I cannot bring myself to study, though!!! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Bad me!
Stella476
Oh my goodness, that is insane! I cannot believe that it is free for you!!! Everybody else here goes for -relatively- free (It is supposed to be free, but they stack all sorts of fees on everybody. Idiots.)

Omigoodness, congratulations! That is supreme! I have Spanish papers 1 and 2 tomorrow, but that is IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^_^ I am so excited. I cannot bring myself to study, though!!! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Bad me!

Haha I didn't think it was that weird! I guess it'd different in America :s-smilie: I mean, there are plenty of private schools over here that charge you for it, but because I go to a state school it's all paid for by the government :smile:

Yaaaay everyone's nearly finished! I was the first to finish in my school because everyone else does either Maths HL or French :p:
Reply 79
loonyplatypus
Haha I didn't think it was that weird! I guess it'd different in America :s-smilie: I mean, there are plenty of private schools over here that charge you for it, but because I go to a state school it's all paid for by the government :smile:

Yaaaay everyone's nearly finished! I was the first to finish in my school because everyone else does either Maths HL or French :p:

Yeah I wish my school had paid. I do attend a public school, but they don't care to pay for it!

I finished!!! Successfully, too! Ahhhhhhhhhhh this is so amazing. I haven't eaten in like 18 hours, so I can't procure much emotion, but I can only assume that I will freak out once I actually obtain some energy!

Wooooooo celebration time!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending