The Student Room Group

C1 and C2 Maths, AQA, 24/05/10

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
For the last question i proved that x=0.83

i then proved that the answer they gave was equeal to 0.83 to i get the marks for that?
Reply 41
I done the exam today, MCP2, C2

It was wierd, i could not distinguish wether i did good or bad.

Also at the end of the exam, i was writing down my answers on a additional paper (the spare papers if you ask for 1), and the invigelator came and took it off me and added it to my actual paper.
I placed big fat crosses on the additional paper but at the top of the paper i had written all my answers in very small writing.

Is this going to be a problem? :confused: I didnt cheat or anything :confused:

Also the invigelator requested that i write my name candidate number on that additional sheet, i refused to do so, and he just took it and placed it behind my actual paper.

Please let me know ASAP, im **** annoyed :eek3: :eek3: :mad: :mad:
Reply 42
ashmawi
For the last question i proved that x=0.83

i then proved that the answer they gave was equeal to 0.83 to i get the marks for that?

I did this, you'll get some although not all as you had to show manipulation skill..
Reply 43
impossible*woman
is this the q where we had to find the co-ords of b? i honestly cant remember the q but i think i got (3,2) or something like that..

I got (4,2) =/

And whoever did the C1 paper. What did you get for the intergration question as the area? I always sucked at intergration but I think I ended up with

18-(42/5)=48/5? Right or wrong answer?
Reply 44
Yeah nice paper, i got p= -3 and q = 3.
OMG! was it really 48/5 i spent ages on this....

i got something like 32/5 - 32/10 + 18

but then the area of the square was 9 times 2 and i thought you had to minus 18 from 48/5 stupid stupid me! AGHHHHH
aha i left the last bit blank had a bit of a mind blank but yee youre right it would be 48/5
Reply 47
Nice paper overall, but how did u "deduce" that in 6C there were no maximum points on the curve?
I kinda shown this but i did a whole separate page of working out for 2 marks..seems wrong :smile:
Reply 48
d2y/dy2 < 0 was impossible because you had to add 2, they were all greater then 0 so no maximum points.
I had a mind blank through the whole of core 1, was panicking so much, it was a nightmare!
IWantFacebookALevels
what are you all on about! it was so easy! I finished at about 2.15.

yea man i finished at like 2, it was so easy :ahee:
Reply 51
well imo (either that or im being stupid right now) but d2y/dx^2 = 2+ (3x^(-2.5))/4
so if u put very low negative value you will get negative answer, however i calculated from dy/dx where would the minimum point be and that there is only 1 stationary point and that at this particular value d2y/dx2 >0, but that seems like too much work for only 2 marks :P
Reply 52
for 8d.) where you had to work out the xcoordinate did anyone get 0?
Reply 53
Geekerooni
I done the exam today, MCP2, C2

It was wierd, i could not distinguish wether i did good or bad.

Also at the end of the exam, i was writing down my answers on a additional paper (the spare papers if you ask for 1), and the invigelator came and took it off me and added it to my actual paper.
I placed big fat crosses on the additional paper but at the top of the paper i had written all my answers in very small writing.

Is this going to be a problem? :confused: I didnt cheat or anything :confused:

Also the invigelator requested that i write my name candidate number on that additional sheet, i refused to do so, and he just took it and placed it behind my actual paper.

Please let me know ASAP, im **** annoyed :eek3: :eek3: :mad: :mad:

Are you from liverpool?
Reply 54
Corko93
for 8d.) where you had to work out the xcoordinate did anyone get 0?

i got something like 3/4 or something or 4/3.. i could be wrong though.
HRM-24
d2y/dy2 < 0 was impossible because you had to add 2, they were all greater then 0 so no maximum points.

d2y/dy2 < 0 is possible but if you found the two stationary points both had positive d2y/dy2 values hence minimums and no maximums
Reply 56
Iepnauy
I got (4,2) =/

And whoever did the C1 paper. What did you get for the intergration question as the area? I always sucked at intergration but I think I ended up with

18-(42/5)=48/5? Right or wrong answer?

right.
Reply 57
bolo156
i got something like 3/4 or something or 4/3.. i could be wrong though.

Just looked in another thread, can confirm it's actually 0

EDIT - Conflicts now, many say 0, many say 3/4
Corko93
Just looked in another thread, can confirm it's actually 0

EDIT - Conflicts now, many say 0, many say 3/4

i got 3/4
Reply 59
hey_its_nay
i got 3/4

Yeah I think I got the translation wrong.
I'm pretty confident that I got over 80% though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending