The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2: The Experience of Warfare in Britain 1854-1929 - help!

Is anybody else doing this specification? Is anybody else finding it disastrously hard? It's not a very interesting topic and our teacher clearly doesn't like it, so that doesn't help, but I'm having huge amounts of trouble with it.

My friends and I all achieved A*/A at GCSE History and can write solid essays, but even when we try our hardest, none of us can get anything above a very low D in essays we do in class that our teacher marks. On the other side of our History course, Unit 1: Russia in Revolution 1881-1924, we're all achieving at least a B in every essay.

Is this unit just especially difficult, or is our teacher being ridiculously strict with her marking? Any success stories? Any advice? The exam's not for about a month, but I can't make myself revise when I know that even with a book in front of me I won't get anything higher than a D.
Reply 1
I also need help with this. (We are in the same class)

Also, are there any revision guides for this topic? The textbook is not concise enough for revision.
I did it last year and got a B, although first time i did it i got a D. I think the reason why its so difficult to get a good mark is because of the sources, the examiners seem to look more for source use rather than knowlege, the essay technique for Unit 2 is reallllly hard. Tbh, my source question in january was on ww1 and the part 2 bit on florence nightingale which threw me a bit because i was expecting it to be the other way round, so i concentrated purley on sources nearly and got a b :smile:
DaveyJam
I also need help with this. (We are in the same class)

Also, are there any revision guides for this topic? The textbook is not concise enough for revision.

Hmm we were told the best resource is the edexcel textbook, it got plenty of my friends A grades because at least you know that the info in the book is what your going to be asked on

Latest

Trending

Trending