The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham General Chat: The rest got ate

Scroll to see replies

Aidan's doesn't have a pizza bar but Grey does and is much better than Collingwood's :P.

Given you've mentioned Trevs students move every term it may be worth mentioning that Mary's and Grey also do this, though I believe at Grey they tend to stay in the same corridor so unless they share 2nd term they tend to keep rooms for 2 terms, or this is what someone I know has said anyway. Might be worth mentioning that Aidans is the only hill college that would make you share for the full year unless you come to some sort of arrangement with another student (like our friend/previous housemate did). Actually I'm not sure about Collingwood but I think their shared rooms aren't generally used, like at Hild Bede.

Might also be worth mentioning that all Butler rooms are ensuite whereas at other hill colleges you only get ensuite if you have good reason to or are very lucky.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by purple-girl
Aidan's doesn't have a pizza bar but Grey does and is much better than Collingwood's :P.

Given you've mentioned Trevs students move every term it may be worth mentioning that Mary's and Grey also do this, though I believe at Grey they tend to stay in the same corridor so unless they share 2nd term they tend to keep rooms for 2 terms, or this is what someone I know has said anyway. Might be worth mentioning that Aidans is the only hill college that would make you share for the full year unless you come to some sort of arrangement with another student (like our friend/previous housemate did). Actually I'm not sure about Collingwood but I think their shared rooms aren't generally used, like at Hild Bede.

Might also be worth mentioning that all Butler rooms are ensuite whereas at other hill colleges you only get ensuite if you have good reason to or are very lucky.

Thanks! :smile:
Right, thread pretty much finished! Now I'm whoring it in order to get feedback - I've got a feeling this forum could suddenly get busier around the 16th August when people find out they're definitely going to Durham, so I want it to be as awesome as possible.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2047014
Reply 4503

Just to qualify this: the Grey pizza bar is being renovated. The guy who ran it before has moved on, and from next year it'll be student-run. We're in the process of choosing what exactly it will be, though possibilities have included pizza/coffee/pasty bar. Grey has a little shop in the JCR so that's out. There'll be something come October for sure, but it won't be entirely the same as last year :smile:
Oh noes, it's dead.
Original post by Awoodrow2

ALEX, I wish I hadn't looked at this forum, I feel so old now ;_;

Raaagh, reading about people about to go live in college I remember when I used to be able to stay awake all day with sleeping from 3am to 7am ><

I hope age based existentialism doesn't make me mention tuition fees too often :|
Original post by meowmeowmutiny
ALEX, I wish I hadn't looked at this forum, I feel so old now ;_;

Raaagh, reading about people about to go live in college I remember when I used to be able to stay awake all day with sleeping from 3am to 7am ><

I hope age based existentialism doesn't make me mention tuition fees too often :|

Oh dear, you. :tongue: At least the applicant discussion is still lively!
Reply 4507
It's 'cause all the best people left :wink:
Original post by Aula
It's 'cause all the best people left :wink:

My ears are burning :awesome:
Aw jeez, not going to read what I was like before, have a feeling I've changed too much.

SADNESS TIMES: Forgot to buy tonic :|
oh yeah, I got them to play Straight Outta Compton in Fishtank lol
meowmeow, it's been ages! Realised I've barely spoken to you in the past year *makes note to prod next time I see you on facebook...*

Hmm, it's odd thinking that we're going into 4th year when it doesn't seem long since we ourselves had just got results etc...

I need a holiday but no idea who to go with :frown:
meowmeow, it's been ages! Realised I've barely spoken to you in the past year *makes note to prod next time I see you on facebook...*

Hmm, it's odd thinking that we're going into 4th year when it doesn't seem long since we ourselves had just got results etc...

I need a holiday but no idea who to go with :frown:

I thought about how I should have a summer holiday, then remembered I was planning on Trevski. :redface:
QQ still not gone home yet
I thought about how I should have a summer holiday, then remembered I was planning on Trevski. :redface:

You thinking of going on TrevSki again or are you referring to this year's? I would consider it myself if enough people were going if it wasn't for the awful experience I had last time I tried skiing which I'd rather not repeat...

Well my problem is I can't really go anywhere with family due to terrible health on my mother/brother's parts...and nobody's replied to my facebook status *sigh*...clearly nobody loves me :tongue:. However, I guess I did have a big trip last year and I'll try and sort some sort of post-graduation thing next year.

*wishes I hadn't been so out of touch with college people...but I won't rant about that on a public forum :tongue:*
oh yeah, I got them to play Straight Outta Compton in Fishtank lol

well that is massively depressing. Cos I miss fishtank. Miss rapping along to Dr Dre drunkenly...
QQ still not gone home yet

Well work's nearly over! :biggrin:

You thinking of going on TrevSki again or are you referring to this year's? I would consider it myself if enough people were going if it wasn't for the awful experience I had last time I tried skiing which I'd rather not repeat...

Well my problem is I can't really go anywhere with family due to terrible health on my mother/brother's parts...and nobody's replied to my facebook status *sigh*...clearly nobody loves me :tongue:. However, I guess I did have a big trip last year and I'll try and sort some sort of post-graduation thing next year.

*wishes I hadn't been so out of touch with college people...but I won't rant about that on a public forum :tongue:*

This year's Trevski - think I'll enjoy it more than the last, since it's got more beginner slopes, which I prefer (meandering paths >> steep slopes). And it's a week holiday in the middle of stressful things, which is pretty nice.
Reply 4517
Original post by isawsparks89
My ears are burning :awesome:

Actually I meant HMK :mmm:
Original post by Aula
Actually I meant HMK :mmm:

Oh god, I'd forgotten that man existed. :eek:
Well work's nearly over! :biggrin:

This year's Trevski - think I'll enjoy it more than the last, since it's got more beginner slopes, which I prefer (meandering paths >> steep slopes). And it's a week holiday in the middle of stressful things, which is pretty nice.

Fair enough, beginner paths and time off are both good though knowing me if I go I'd probably just feel guilty for having time off...especially as I may be having a week off at Easter anyway...

Quick Reply

Latest