Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham General Chat: The rest got ate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
arkbar
Why do you they keep phoning you?

I promised I'd stay in touch during Mat Leave but I haven't been doing so.

Well the law states that a woman should be left alone during this period. I know my rights :yep:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 121
isawsparks89
got some hot guys number tnite :hubba: from newcastle :jiggy:

Quality :hubba: What did he look like?
Reply 122
generic hybrid
wrt River's PM: can we stop using real names, please?

I agree with this :yy:

and Edenr, I'm impressed with your drunk sparks deciphering skills. Once you'd said that it was obvious, but until then I didn't have a clue what it was.
arkbar
River sent a PM and I didn't get it? I AM EXCLUDED FROM CIVIL SOCIETY.

Quite simple really - its doesn't directly affect you.
Reply 124
isawsparks89
quite alright. tall, dark, medium build, helps run a gay club in the toon, my age. hamnamnam.
I pretty much stormed off last night and went out by myself, cos we'd been out on a bar crawl and I got pissed off, hounds was free, I'd been drinking... Buuut make your own entertainment, like :h: funner than I thought it'd be, pretty much just sat on hounds balcony with cigars talking to whoever. Although spoke to TOO MANY FRESHERS

Er I haven't got a pm and I'm a current student...what am I missing out on? :eyeball:

Also SORRY about the swear filter, cringe.

edit: OH I can guess what kinda thing it is :erm: sorry for being intrusive.

forwarded it to you
chidona
Hisham's Hour of Powerrrrr

Ohh you're one of the shows that's been moved! When do you want your new slot, or do you not want it at all? I'm in charge of scheduling (if anyone stalks TSR people, they'll be able to find me on Purple's website)

Jelkin
I used to be on the Purple Exec ... way back when ... :emo:

What position did you have?

Edit: I didn't get a PM :sad:
Intrigued by this PM now...
River85
Mahavishnu Orchestra :cool: Have you worshipped John Mclaughlin in my sig? I think he's there anyway.....

Mms~

Found them while listening to jazz fusion tag radio on last fm :h:. I hope their albums aren't too expensive~
Reply 128
assmaster
Ohh you're one of the shows that's been moved! When do you want your new slot, or do you not want it at all? I'm in charge of scheduling (if anyone stalks TSR people, they'll be able to find me on Purple's website)

Haha, do you mind if me and my co-host leave it 'till the end of exams? It's just with exams and other stuff, we're a bit snowed under atm...
chidona
Haha, do you mind if me and my co-host leave it 'till the end of exams? It's just with exams and other stuff, we're a bit snowed under atm...

No, it's all good. Just so I know :smile:
Sorry for all the messing around btw
Reply 130
assmaster
What position did you have?

Edit: I didn't get a PM :sad:

Marketing Manager. But actually what happened was that they liked the previous guy and he decided he wanted to stay, so they were like, "well we like you, so you can be his assistant." And he was like, "that's stupid, we can just work together as co-managers." He was pretty cool. He was also in the Durham Revue, so pretty hilarious. I can feel your interest seriously waning so I'll stop now.

Did you get voted in at a GM, or did you "apply" and have an "interview" with the station manager? That's what I had. Who is the station manager? Is it still Seb?

I didn't get a PM either. Do I want one? Are they exciting?
Jelkin
Marketing Manager. But actually what happened was that they liked the previous guy and he decided he wanted to stay, so they were like, "well we like you, so you can be his assistant." And he was like, "that's stupid, we can just work together as co-managers." He was pretty cool. He was also in the Durham Revue, so pretty hilarious. I can feel your interest seriously waning so I'll stop now.

Did you get voted in at a GM, or did you "apply" and have an "interview" with the station manager? That's what I had. Who is the station manager? Is it still Seb?

I didn't get a PM either. Do I want one? Are they exciting?

They still have co-Heads of Marketing - one is Sponsorship and one is Promotion. My interest didn't wane, you're speaking to a girl who's spent a week looking at Maths and listening to Purple - my concentration is top notch.
I applied and had an interview with four people (which is three more than I was expecting). The Station Manager is Adam, used to be Amy, if you know either of them?
Reply 132
Awoodrow2
Have I posted in this thread yet?

:zomg:. You have a photo album on facebook with my neighbour's girlfriend tagged and a photo of a friend throwing a paper aeroplane.

If you are interested in knowing that.
Reply 133
Jordan Normal Forms were invented by the devil.
Reply 134
Mithra
Jordan Normal Forms were invented by the devil.

I wrote a TSR wiki article about Jordan normal forms, but when I looked for it a few days ago it had disappeared :indiff:
Reply 135
Edenr
I wrote a TSR wiki article about Jordan normal forms, but when I looked for it a few days ago it had disappeared :indiff:

:zomg: Nooo.

I hope whoever removed that suffers :nothing:.

Edit: I hate Durham's internet blocks on what you can download :rant:.
Reply 136
assmaster
They still have co-Heads of Marketing - one is Sponsorship and one is Promotion. My interest didn't wane, you're speaking to a girl who's spent a week looking at Maths and listening to Purple - my concentration is top notch.
I applied and had an interview with four people (which is three more than I was expecting). The Station Manager is Adam, used to be Amy, if you know either of them?

Ah, no I don't. I'm guessing Adam just took over this term? Seb took over after the two Matts (back when there were two SMs). We must have had a pretty big Exec actually - there was a Sponsorship guy separate from us Marketing types :erm: I wish my concentration were top notch!

Four people! Geez. I think I just had the two SMs interviewing me. I remember them asking me what I thought about the new Purple Radio logo and I ended up being honest as gently as possible but basically telling them it was ****. It was okay though, because the previous SM had put it in and they disliked it too ...
Reply 137
Anyone joined that 'Fingertips' thing? Their options are abysmal :facepalm:. There is a joining questionnaire and under "what sport are you interested in?" There is : Football, Cricket, Rugby, Motorsport, I'm not interested in Sport. Its like its written by a 12 year old.
Reply 138

:smile:
Reply 139
Tufts

:smile:

are you doing something to make sure she's that precise?

Quick Reply

Latest