The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Who's going to De Montfort University this September?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Im starting my post graduate diploma in law at demonfort this september :smile: staying at benjamin russell halls
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Alihoward
Im starting my post graduate diploma in law at demonfort this september :smile: staying at benjamin russell halls

Im staying at Benjamin Russell in September to. ^_._^
Reply 42
Hiya,

I know this doesnt really fit into this thread, but me and my housemate are looking for a female housemate, we're two 2nd yr girls, so if anyone doesnt fancy staying in halls or has any problems with accomodation please contact me. Its a 3 bedroom house just off Narborough Rd so there are loads of students in the area. Please reply to me or send me a message if you're interested or if you know anyone who might be interested.

Thanks
xx
Reply 43
DMU is a good choice..... the department of Business & Law snd Humanities were i study are very good ones as the Lecturers are very good and helpfull and friendly, they will advise you in anything :smile: and Icman9.. i certainly agree with you Alistair Jones is an excellent lecturer,the best :smile: every student that is in his lectures is lucky!!!!!!
Reply 44
Im applying (and recieved my offer) for Journalism and Media & Communications.. Anyone else? :smile:
Original post by antf3690
The course appealed to me more than the nightlife, if i wanna go out, i'll just go out at my local nightlife spot back home, only go out for special occasions anyway... And i ain't sorted my accomodation yet, wanted sort my student finance out first. Any of you from near Stoke-on-Trent way?

Hey :smile:

I've applied to DMU, anddd im from Stoke-on-Trent. :wink:
What course you applied for?
Reply 46
Graphic Design if I do go there. It's a toss up between there and Coventry but I haven't had a chance to look around DMU so I don't know what the accom. is like.

If I do go I might stay with my boyfriend as he lives there at the moment. Good idea or bad?
Reply 47
Original post by steve228uk
Graphic Design if I do go there. It's a toss up between there and Coventry but I haven't had a chance to look around DMU so I don't know what the accom. is like.

If I do go I might stay with my boyfriend as he lives there at the moment. Good idea or bad?

Might not be the best idea, what happens if you guys aren't together in say 6 month?
Just saying :smile:

I'm still waiting for a response myself, been about a month so far.
Reply 48
Original post by Kenny_uk

Original post by Kenny_uk
Might not be the best idea, what happens if you guys aren't together in say 6 month?
Just saying :smile:

I'm still waiting for a response myself, been about a month so far.

I've thought it through and I'm gonna see what happens come September. I haven't heard anything back other than them asking me to send them a CD or my work.
Reply 49
Im studying Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science this year :biggrin:
Reply 50
Im going to de mont fort this year .. got an offer for audiology but they've scrapped the course so im doing neursensory sciences now.. any1 else doing it?? and which accomadation would u guys recommend?? x
Reply 51
i ammm :smile: doing photography & video. i'm thinking newarke for accom. x
I am! Doing the adult nursing diploma (although starting in Jan 2012.) Does anyone know what to expect, im really nervous and iv still got ages to wait yet lol! x
I am! :biggrin: Drama ^_^
(though the actual name of the course escapes me...Theatre Studies i think :P )
And i'm thinkin Victoria Hall for accommodation atm x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sophie Hall
I am! Doing the adult nursing diploma (although starting in Jan 2012.) Does anyone know what to expect, im really nervous and iv still got ages to wait yet lol! x

Snap.

I too am starting DipHE in Adult Nursing in January, had the offer last week.

There is a faculty open day on the Wednesday 18th May (only afternoon slots available) and a general university open day on 2nd July, 8th October and 22nd October 2011.

Are you going to be moving to Leicester or commuting from Nottingham?
Reply 55
I am! :smile: Studying Government and Politics, hopefully staying in Kingfisher
I am.
Mechanical engineering
Victoria Hall!
Reply 57
I'm coming to De Montfort! I'm from the US and have no clue how to work this site :frown:
Original post by MiffyH
I'm coming to De Montfort! I'm from the US and have no clue how to work this site :frown:

Where abouts in the US?

I have a lot of family in Michigan, I will be the first of the family to go to a non-US university (mixture of UofM and Michigan State).
Find the freshers group on facebook if you guys want

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_186471794726898&ap=1

Quick Reply