The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You've got your information leaflet things already?
Reply 2
We have received the pre release material and our teacher has made a few questions which he feels might come up. Do you have any resources you can share?
Reply 3
Wooo
I've got a total of like 50 questions for it from my teacher , most of them are just to help people understand it but I've got a few possible questions too:

Physics:
1. what are the benefits (economic and social) of going digital?
2. what are the economic disadvantages of going digital?
3. what groups of people may be more disadvantaged going digital?
4. how might going digital have an environmental impact?
5. is going digital in line with sustainable devlopment?

Biology:
1. why is it important the HFEA regulates issues such as cloning?
2. what are the social/ethical/economic impacts of reproductive cloning
3. same but for therapeutic cloning
4. do you support reproductive cloning?
5. do you support thereputic cloning?

none for chemistry o_O

anyone else got any?
Reply 4
No sorry, I haven't even recieved the information leaflets yet, I think we're going to have them next week which gives us 2 lessons of biology and physics and 1 lesson of chemistry for our teachers to go through it with us and work out some potential questions.
Reply 5
I'm also doing OCR GCSE Additional Science ideas in context 2010.
But our topics are topics are “To cull or not to cull”, “Cleaning up the Marshall islands” & Call to ban food colourings”.
Why is this?:confused:
Sorry I can't help you, :frown: but does anyone have

Any ideas, websites, information about these topics?:smile:

Anybody got any practice questions?
Im also doing ideas in context "to cull or not to culll...and do on" do you no any past papers or questions. Im having my exam this friday :frown:
^^ those ones are the single science!!
Everyone psyched for the exam on friday? :s-smilie:
Reply 8
x_elifciik_x
Im also doing ideas in context "to cull or not to culll...and do on" do you no any past papers or questions. Im having my exam this friday :frown:

looooool elif! ahahahha anyways im stuck too...i meen the exam we've got on friday is seriously havin me doin som serious revision Zzzx :frown:
My science teacher gave me us some questions that's likely to be in the exam. i dunno but here are some of them:
1)Why do people want to cull badgers? :frown:
2)what are conservationists? :\
3)why mite a cattle farmer agree with culling badgers? :s-smilie:
4)TB is caused by bacterium. How cud TB be spread between cattle? :/
Well Hope This Helps! xx
XxPinKiixX
looooool elif! ahahahha anyways im stuck too...i meen the exam we've got on friday is seriously havin me doin som serious revision Zzzx :frown:
My science teacher gave me us some questions that's likely to be in the exam. i dunno but here are some of them:
1)Why do people want to cull badgers? :frown:
2)what are conservationists? :\
3)why mite a cattle farmer agree with culling badgers? :s-smilie:
4)TB is caused by bacterium. How cud TB be spread between cattle? :/
Well Hope This Helps! xx

Could you maybe post some more of the questions you got given please? My science teacher didn't give us any, the douche. :frown:
So I'm like freaking out, I have no clue what might come up. Gah. :confused:
Reply 10
Most of these appear to be quite obvious. Well maybe not during an exam since we're all crapping ourselves.
My teachers gave me like 30 Qs for each topic xD.

good luck guys for tomorrow ^_^
omg those questions were sooo unexpected!!
Reply 12
geminibubblegum
omg those questions were sooo unexpected!!

I know right... I was so bad.
WenYe
I know right... I was so bad.

like the last chem one and the biology ones
imo the physics was OK
Emma:
I know this is a big ask, but please could you post those 50 q's that could come up?! I'd really appreciate it and will help you with any question and answers once I start revising for the exam (tmrw). Thank you so so so much.
PS, if anyone wants, I have a few websites that have decent resources for the biology section - a fact of life.
Reply 15
does any one know of any possible questions for he chemistry section 'making useful salts' i am sooo stuck and it would be a great help !!
Reply 16
qwerty54321
Emma:
I know this is a big ask, but please could you post those 50 q's that could come up?! I'd really appreciate it and will help you with any question and answers once I start revising for the exam (tmrw). Thank you so so so much.
PS, if anyone wants, I have a few websites that have decent resources for the biology section - a fact of life.

I've got them on a picture if thats okay?,
http://i41.tinypic.com/154egrb.jpg

most of them are just to help you understand stuff, hope it helps though :smile:
omg thank you so so soooooo much!!!!
I didn't actually think you'd bother!
Right, as of tmrw i'm going to start revising. I've read through the paper but to me its completely gobble-de-gook, especially physics!!!
Does anyone have any tips?? And like is there much we need to learn - i cant remember doing the year 10 one, and whether the exam was easy or hard or not!!
And Lydia, no, sorry I don't have anything for chemisty :|
Reply 18
people are saying they have already done the paper. what type of questions are on it or does anyone remember any of the questions. this is the bioloigy - ivf, physics - going digital. am i right or just mislead ?
Reply 19
There are two Ideas In Context papers - one for Core science and one for Additional. The one everyone's already done was the Core one, the one about "To Cull Or Not To Cull", "Cleaning Up The Marshall Islands" and "Call To Ban Food Colourings". The one about IVF, Making Salts and Digital Switchover is for Additional and it's on 9th June, so no-one's done it yet! :biggrin: Hope I cleared that up for you :smile:

Oh and btw is there a way that you can see the articles on the internet? Are they on OCR website? Because I haven't even seen it yet and i'm panicking lol :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending