The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
he's so cute i want him to be my grandad
Reply 21
If he's so smart, then why doesn't he lose some weight? He must know the associated health implications from being such a fat ass.
Reply 22
me me me!
Reply 23
slackhands
He is so freaking boring. I don't find him entertaining in the slightest. He's just an audio dictionary; useful for people who can't read, or for people who cant read as quickly as Stephen can talk. But i hate his voice as well....

Actually he is a very nice man, highly intellectual, I read his biography which was slightly weird as he talked about wanting to get naked with this other guy called 'Matthew', was kinda twisted. However I think on the whole hes a sound enough bloke :smile:
slackhands
He is so freaking boring. I don't find him entertaining in the slightest. He's just an audio dictionary; useful for people who can't read, or for people who cant read as quickly as Stephen can talk. But i hate his voice as well....

I agree, I have no idea why he is so popular. Hugh Laurie on House, on the other hand, is fantastic.
Reply 25
Chocothunder
Hey, don't hate on The Fantastic Frymeister. How can you not love him? He's not even that camp.

Love this. :smile:

I love Stephen Fry but I'm quite geeky!
Reply 26
NW86
He's a ******* whiney dick. Leaving twitter cos someone had a go at him, in some massive pathetic gay tantrum fest, only to return a few days later. Pathetic.

I DO NOT understand the obsession with him, frankly he's ******* annoying

He just talks absolute jibberish- Who cares about useless facts???? It's so suppossed to be entertainment. This is why boring people are generally lower paid in comparison to entertainers. How this guy got regular prime time tv is beyond me. He should just have a radio channel- I mean he doesnt look very appealing to me.
slackhands
That makes sense, seeing as half of them are geeks. I don't find Fry interesting/entertaining in the slightest. It's embarassing when he goes off on one of his explanations about some trivial matter. He goes way over the top, and seeing as its a short entertainment programme, i don't understand why he gets regular air-time, when say something like South-Park could be on.

I think he's boring too, but maybe that's because I lack intellectual capacitance
Reply 28
He's fricken amazing!
Reply 29
Wait, there are people who DON'T like Stephen Fry??
slackhands
If he's so smart, then why doesn't he lose some weight? He must know the associated health implications from being such a fat ass.

I thought he lost ********* of weight, over last summer?
Laurie is much much better, and wittier.

My problem with Fry is that he's become a caricature of himself. Some of the 'geekiest' people I know despise him for his tone of arrogance, and see the self-deprecation as merely a bumbling facade. He does have a natural pomposity, but it seems driven by his eagerness to share, as odd as that sounds. I like him, find him funny and witty, and I like the fact that he's managed to make intelligence a less derided characteristic (well except for the OP evidently), but I appreciate he can be a bit much at times.
Reply 32
Don't you think there's a 'type' who like him?

Just like there's a 'type' who find the Chuck Norris 'funny' and watch The Mighty Boosh...
Reply 33
Ocassus
Actually he is a very nice man, highly intellectual, I read his biography which was slightly weird as he talked about wanting to get naked with this other guy called 'Matthew', was kinda twisted. However I think on the whole hes a sound enough bloke :smile:

It has nothing to do with how smart he is- You're missing my point. There are loads of insanely clever people out there. If i wanted to learn some random facts i would open a book or read his biography. I would much rather listen to some comedian for half an hour and actually remember some it's contents afterwards.

And why does he always move his god damn hands??? why??
Reply 34
Are you serious?
He just looks so kindly and lovely and has a wonderful voice :biggrin:
But then again I'm a geek :rolleyes:
Reply 35
slackhands

I lost all respect for him when he supported the iPad - a useless waste of several months' wages :rolleyes:
Reply 36
Geek here. I believe he is an overrated pseudo-intellectual - though I concede that he is very good at reading cards/autocues; I also resent him for the number of pretenders he has spawned.
Reply 37
slackhands

You are quite clearly a complete moron. How can you not appreciate a man who is so intelligent and influential- a true national treasure. He would easily fit onto my ideal dinner party guest list.

But no, you obviously switch onto the other side when Stephen starts spewing fascinating facts; why not go and see who's punched who on Eastenders instead like a good chap.
I love him unconditionally :love:
call me a geek I don't care
Reply 39
Leopold Bloom
Laurie is much much better, and wittier.

My problem with Fry is that he's become a caricature of himself. Some of the 'geekiest' people I know despise him for his tone of arrogance, and see the self-deprecation as merely a bumbling facade. He does have a natural pomposity, but it seems driven by his eagerness to share, as odd as that sounds. I like him, find him funny and witty, and I like the fact that he's managed to make intelligence a less derided characteristic (well except for the OP evidently), but I appreciate he can be a bit much at times.

Yeh he is extremely arrogant. I know very clever people who dont act arrogant in the slightest. I reckon most of them are smarter than Stephen. I don;t find him intelligent what so ever. Nothing he says/does impresses me. Jimmy carr outsmarted him on every topic the other week. To me J.Carr is very smart.

Latest