The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Taker4376
The Plats building was definately the nicest and the Danehurst had the best common room, also including pool and squash courts as well as the sky tv room and pingpong. The bar was in the cameron building, the least impressive in my opinion.

Everything (all the common areas) is in Cameron. :confused:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
adowa
I normally use Valerie, but most of my friends call me Valda....(long story), anyway i'm just going to bring like hair dryers, my ghd's that kind of stuff, and probably a kettle and a sandwich toaster and just hide it or something :wink:. Did halls send you a letter saying they have to test some of your electrical appliances because they're over a year old?

Taker4376, does this mean you aren't taking your place in KCH?

Yeh they did which is kinda annoying... ''for a small fee'' which could be anything really, anyway, guess they may check wot u bring in. Have u got any other letters or anything since the accommodation letters, like for freshers week info etc or we get that later? :eek:
Reply 42
cara-mel
Yeh they did which is kinda annoying... ''for a small fee'' which could be anything really, anyway, guess they may check wot u bring in. Have u got any other letters or anything since the accommodation letters, like for freshers week info etc or we get that later? :eek:

No i've not received anything either, glad to hear i'm not the only one, i'm sure we'll hear something soon... :rolleyes:
I think fridges are Something like £70 for the year.

I just took one of those mini fridges, cost me about £20. Just big enough to fit some milk, butter and ham etc. :smile:
Daz - did you get used to the uncarpeted hallways/rooms quickly? Believe it or not, my greatest worry is that my feet will go cold :biggrin:
Reply 45
GengisKahn
Daz - did you get used to the uncarpeted hallways/rooms quickly? Believe it or not, my greatest worry is that my feet will go cold :biggrin:

UNCARPETED?! Bring in plenty of socks, because you will get frost bite!
HTale
UNCARPETED?! Bring in plenty of socks, because you will get frost bite!

Thankyou Hicham - that will be all.
Reply 47
GengisKahn
Thankyou Hicham - that will be all.

OK master :rolleyes:
The halls are actually very warm - you certainly won't be cold in wintertime.

I'm not really a barefoot person, but i did buy a couple of rugs to make my room a little more homely.
Reply 49
dazmanultra
The halls are actually very warm - you certainly won't be cold in wintertime.

I'm not really a barefoot person, but i did buy a couple of rugs to make my room a little more homely.

How did you commute to the Strand?
Walked. :rolleyes: :cool:
Reply 51
GengisKahn
Walked. :biggrin:

The question was addressed to dazmanultra
I know.
HTale

Bus most days, but if you get a train to blackfriars from denmark hill it's slightly quicker and cheaper. Just walk along the victoria embankment from blackfriars... Most days there are no inspectors at blackfriars (blackfriars is one of the few overground stations without ticket barriers) :P

To get to a lecture for say 10am, you would generally leave halls at 9.15 to get there 5 minutes before. Train takes 10 minutes plus a 10 minute walk, but only leaves at quarter past and quarter to every hour. Bus takes 35-40 minutes (damn walworth road...) but they're basically every 5 minutes. You will want the number 68 or 176.
Reply 54
adowa

Taker4376, does this mean you aren't taking your place in KCH?

Yeah I've refused it
Reply 55
HTale

This was a question asked during our tour of the campus.

The single train fare to blackfriars is £2.

We were told that a bus fare is at a reduced student rate. You can get a yearly one for ... I think £50 or £70. So in the long run it works out cheaper to take the bus, which takes you direct to the campus of Strand and Guys and is at regular intervals.
Sounds reasonable.
Taker4376
This was a question asked during our tour of the campus.

The single train fare to blackfriars is £2. .

I seriously don't know anybody that paid for the train to blackfriars when i was there. :redface:

London bridge/medical students had to pay though.

Latest