The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Magic_007
I know that but it seems the amount of videos seem to be increasing, they also including dancing transvestites. They have money thrown at them and their pimp picks them up.

It just made me a little uneasy. That is all. I'm just hoping that this crap stops in Pakistan and world-wide.

Right...I don't usually go about searching for those kind of videos,so I'm kind of in the dark about that.

You have to realise though,that this is probably a small minority of the weddings that take place,and most are nothing like that.
Reply 21
ConstantHigh
Are you the loser of the family? Everyone bitches so why don't you go and biatch about other too? Thats in a girls DNA... Every girl does it! Please don't deny that girls!

Rofl no - omg so not tryna talk myself up but i look really different - everyone thinks im pretty so i get a lot of stares hence asian perverted men; but its uncomfortable cos the girls are even worse and the guys are so pervy omg its just enough to make me puke. but i dont have a pic on my profile so im one to talk right? lol anyway off track there

and im really integrated in my family - i love them and they know that...just i dont like to gossip, i find it takes away from the person i am and the morals i hold and yeah girls dont like that - bitching is a preferred pastime
go.. wear sum peng clothes and then come home and revise
RevisingHard
well weve had the nikah henna and stuff - which many people werent invited to but sunday is just the wedding in the reception! ooh im really not into bitchiness im the kinda person who needs to see a good purpose and good consequences to things - plus i have to cancel a driving lesson for it - which my parents have fored me to do...dunno and you know all the pervy guys - gosh asian perverts are the worst lol

its going to be a lot worse if you dont go. at asian weddings dont really care what people say and if anyone is giving you the looks make sure you hold your ground and stare them out. but some freshies can out stare and think you like them so just go and say hi to your brother or dad while there watching:biggrin:
RevisingHard
Rofl no - omg so not tryna talk myself up but i look really different - everyone thinks im pretty so i get a lot of stares hence asian perverted men; but its uncomfortable cos the girls are even worse and the guys are so pervy omg its just enough to make me puke. but i dont have a pic on my profile so im one to talk right? lol anyway off track there

and im really integrated in my family - i love them and they know that...just i dont like to gossip, i find it takes away from the person i am and the morals i hold and yeah girls dont like that - bitching is a preferred pastime

you look different how? I aint doubting you.. .. i jsut wanna know the answer to this question coz i heard this so many times.
Reply 25
Pedus
Tell me about it!? Especially the after-party celebrations when everyones jammin on the dance floor and you get some freshies givin you the eyes lol..

Guess with indian parents, you can't reason with them. They'll always find a way to get things done, so don't get me wrong, but I don't think you'll be getting a 1 way ticket out of the wedding lol.. Your parents would either give you a chance to go, or you'll be forced to go..

:ahee:

lol well yeah the freshies - on Eid one guy went oi whos the hottie you got in the kitchen to my uncle! and my uncles like get the f outta my house...thier so sneaky in satring at you though ansd then u realise ugh make u feel wierd - ssoooo not smooth
RevisingHard

Can't deny the lads perving you part- lol i'm Asian and I do that too (dont hate me lol but i know you will :smile: ) But anyways I think you should just go and have fun, and eat the yum food and really don't bother bout the other ppl there. Or maybe you can pop in just for a short while and leave on the pretext of revising or something? Sorry for the silly advice but yeah you've got to do something!
Reply 27
insanetothebrain
you look different how? I aint doubting you.. .. i jsut wanna know the answer to this question coz i heard this so many times.

ok everyone thinks i look like katrina kaif - and i didnt wanna say cos now i have to put a pic up, and need i say more than im an asian girl?! lol
Reply 28
RevisingHard
Hey - I have a dilemma and need some GOOD advice

Basically there is a family wedding coming up on Sunday, my cousins. Were having the works - henna, hair, makeup, designer outfits - great care etc etc my mums spending a bomb. But i really dont wanna go

Firstly, everyone going - I don't like..our family is really bitchy and all the girls are just going to backchat about one another. Don;t get me wrong, im perfectly capable of sitting through that but why should i have to? its not my thing and i have exams - theres far better ways of spending my time

but its only one day right? one day of hell, in a stuffy hall with bitchy girls who just judge and a horrible atmosphere - hmmm, over dramatic?

But then i relally wanna wear these new outfits and get my hair and makeup done - thats the upside....

If i dont go my family will be annoyed - what to do?!
Being Indian myself, I've been to plenty of (Sikh) weddings. You're right, they can be deathly dull sometimes, and one of my mottos in life is to never leave the house without a good book and an iPod/music playing device. It's anti-social, I know... but hey, if you really can't stand anyone in your family, at least you can find a quiet corner in the temple somewhere and enjoy a good book :p:.

It sounds incredibly sad, I know... but I've done it before, and likely will do it again.
RevisingHard
ok everyone thinks i look like katrina kaif - and i didnt wanna say cos now i have to put a pic up, and need i say more than im an asian girl?! lol

Katrina Kaif? :surprise: Omg can I come for that wedding you are attending pls :rolleyes: Lol jk.
Reply 30
RevisingHard
lol well yeah the freshies - on Eid one guy went oi whos the hottie you got in the kitchen to my uncle! and my uncles like get the f outta my house...thier so sneaky in satring at you though ansd then u realise ugh make u feel wierd - ssoooo not smooth

Aha! Cheeky git?! Well I'd be worried about the ones with combed greasy hair - they are the most subtle ones, no matter how innocent they look!
Reply 31
RevisingHard

do it :teeth:
RevisingHard
Hey - I have a dilemma and need some GOOD advice

just go...if you do, it may be a wasted day full of bitchiness...but it wouldn't be so bad at the end of the day having met your relatives (who you may have not seen for a while)

if you don't go you will probably regret it...and like you said your family won't be happy. you'd rather suffer for a day than cause problems:p:
Asian wedding, yaar. Of course you should go. :eek4:
Reply 34
Hi Everyone! Thought i'd give an update to my thread about the Asian Wedding. I went to the wedding on Sunday and I must say; me and my cousins were the best looking there, I mean do these girls not look in the mirror before leaving home? lol anyway, the wedding party was all over the place with thier outfits though, as guessed, we were left out of everything until my Dad came - and then we were included as everyone is scared of him. Oh and my mother had me meeting all these women, I had to work through 4 rows of women everytime - and everytime they'd all look at me and squeeze thier chairs closer in order for me to not get through! What B's! And to all the asians who are wondering, I am certian that 90% of those women only invited me to thier homes as a potentiol suitor for thier boys haha asians eh! (I have seven proposals already :biggrin: ) Worst part of the day? - all the girls that told me my brother was fit, WHYYYYY... lol the best part of the day? Food, Boys :p: mmm omg the many cars i got to get a ride in - I thought my dad's BMW was good, until i went in my uncles sports car - and many more...never thought I was into cars though...hmm what else, had a good day with some of my cousins, but basically everyone there hated us (asian families) what can you do eh! Anyway, thanks everyone for the advice :smile:

P.S. Student Finance have lost my evidence, I had no copies so I called My mum's prev employers for copies to be resent - they havn;t ...im freaking out. How revision? lol and how do i change my name? (revisinghard) :rolleyes:

Me
xx
Reply 35
A good old Asian wedding lol.
Reply 36
ajtiesto
A good old Asian wedding lol.

:smile:
Reply 37
RevisingHard
Hi Everyone! Thought i'd give an update to my thread about the Asian Wedding. I went to the wedding on Sunday and I must say; me and my cousins were the best looking there, I mean do these girls not look in the mirror before leaving home? lol anyway, the wedding party was all over the place with thier outfits though, as guessed, we were left out of everything until my Dad came - and then we were included as everyone is scared of him. Oh and my mother had me meeting all these women, I had to work through 4 rows of women everytime - and everytime they'd all look at me and squeeze thier chairs closer in order for me to not get through! What B's! And to all the asians who are wondering, I am certian that 90% of those women only invited me to thier homes as a potentiol suitor for thier boys haha asians eh! (I have seven proposals already :biggrin: ) Worst part of the day? - all the girls that told me my brother was fit, WHYYYYY... lol the best part of the day? Food, Boys :p: mmm omg the many cars i got to get a ride in - I thought my dad's BMW was good, until i went in my uncles sports car - and many more...never thought I was into cars though...hmm what else, had a good day with some of my cousins, but basically everyone there hated us (asian families) what can you do eh! Anyway, thanks everyone for the advice :smile:

P.S. Student Finance have lost my evidence, I had no copies so I called My mum's prev employers for copies to be resent - they havn;t ...im freaking out. How revision? lol and how do i change my name? (revisinghard) :rolleyes:

Me
xx

Nice to know you had a good day in all :biggrin:

By evidence,do you mean the P60 forms?You can't get them again in some cases,although some employers can send you duplicates.

You can't change your name,unless you get employed by TSR or something :yep:
Reply 38
I just go for the food and the dancing lol.
Reply 39
SyedT
Nice to know you had a good day in all :biggrin:

By evidence,do you mean the P60 forms?You can't get them again in some cases,although some employers can send you duplicates.

You can't change your name,unless you get employed by TSR or something :yep:

yup - p60, this is such a hassle! esp since I did everything I had to! Plus gotta get my parents' divorce papers :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending