The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well they were my only source of revision for my January modules, and I got 3 good A's, so i do rather like them :smile:
Reply 2
hannah.austin
Well they were my only source of revision for my January modules, and I got 3 good A's, so i do rather like them :smile:

What subjects were they for mate ?
I didn't realise they did them for A-level :dontknow:. At least they never did my subjects, so I can't really say. I remember I used them for GCSE and that helped me a lot, but I wouldn't say they are either underrated or overrated.
Reply 4
Which is the poll for...overrated or underrated...
Reply 5
Toneh
Which is the poll for...overrated or underrated...

There for overrated.

Sorry for the confusion.

this is the first poll i've ever created

Yes is overrated. No is Underrated
Da_hopeful_1
What subjects were they for mate ?

Biology, Chemistry and Maths C1 :biggrin:
Reply 7
hannah.austin
Biology, Chemistry and Maths C1 :biggrin:

That's cool.

I think their okay for chemistry and bio, not so much maths though
Reply 8
the best thing about them by far is the little joke on the back cover above the barcode!!!!!!!!
I don't like them.

They don't go into much detail, and often include distracting and childish references, which would be a good laugh if you were 11, but when you're actually trying to work for A levels, it gets a bit tedious.

They also are written to specific exam board specifications, whereas the Letts/Lonsdale books, which I prefer, cover all the major boards in one book.

The only time I like CGP books is the night before an exam, when I want to spend 20 minutes refreshing the key points in my head.
Some good feedback so far.

Keep it going guys :smile:
I liked them personally :smile:
Reply 12
I used to think they were epic, especially at GCSE then got it for psychology. I don't think it's possible to get above C with it, it lacks so much depth and lack of studies its astonishing.
These books were amazing. If only they did them at degree level!
Noodlzzz
I used to think they were epic, especially at GCSE then got it for psychology. I don't think it's possible to get above C with it, it lacks so much depth and lack of studies its astonishing.

That's true. i dont find em useful for psychology.

Dont have hardly anything on evaluation

the unit guides are much better :smile:
Altocirrus
These books were amazing. If only they did them at degree level!

What subjects did you use them for ?
Da_hopeful_1
Discuss

Sorry for the confusion.

this is the first poll i've ever created

Yes is overrated. No is Underrated

It depends on the subject. Also, for GCSE they are perfect...but when it comes to A level they are not really in enough detail.

Overrated for A level (Y)
the.truth.hurt.me<3
It depends on the subject. Also, for GCSE they are perfect...but when it comes to A level they are not really in enough detail.

Overrated for A level (Y)

I agree :smile:
Da_hopeful_1
What subjects did you use them for ?

Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Geography at A-level. I used them for most subjects at GCSE too.
Reply 19
I found the biology A level gcp book very useful.

Latest