The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Genuinely, I don't think I am. I'm intending to do Chemistry, i'm enjoying it and it's getting better as it goes along but I think my actual passion is probably based around MFL, but logically, i'm rolling with Chem.
Yes. Maths is fun.
Reply 22
I LURVE computers! that's why it was only natural to do something based on it however i don't see me enjoying it forever....
YES. I coulnt be happyer with ither biology or physics, it will be hard to chose between them...
Not entirely. I'm only doing maths because it's what I've always had a flair for, and because it's a good thing to have a degree in. Linguistics yes, I find that very interesting :smile:
Reply 25
I am interested in my subject but now I'm only a few months away before I graduate, I'm not sure if I want to go into that field. :s-smilie:
Reply 26
i like my subject, its interesting but its not my 'passion'. i dunno what my passion is
Reply 27
I'm very interested in what I'll (hopefully) be doing, which is Podiatry. I originally applied for nursing as I've been a care assistant for a while but changed by mind after talking to a podiatrist & researching the degree/job. The course sounds really interesting and because its so specific it goes into a lot of depth. I know I want to work in the health industry, probably with older people, and the job prospects are great. Theres also a lot of practical sessions and working at uni podiatry clinic and I get to help out with injuries at the London Marathon in 3rd year :biggrin:
I had a couple of options, but what I'm about to study I'm definitely interested in/passionate about, and good at too. I'm pretty good at learning languages and love learning about different cultures, their history and politics too to see how it's shaped. Plus the skills you gain from most arts degrees are quite useful and transferable, e.g. analysing different things and writing essays about them. I'd much rather be interested in the content so I'm glad I chose it, even if it did take me a bit longer to realise this.
Yes, whilst trying not to sound like I'm rewriting my personal statement, politics & philosophy are my passions in life and I can't imagine studying anything else to degree level (well, maybe physics/economics too, but I don't like maths enough to take f.maths A-level so they're mostly ruled out). I don't think I'll ever love anything else in life as much as I love philosophy :ninja:

I'm sure I'll feel very differently in a couple of years though :p:
Yes, I love languages like a crazy fool. I absolutely cannot wait to start Uni and get really stuck in.

Words just make me happy. :emo:
Reply 31
It's alright enough, I quite enjoy it, but I wouldn't say I'm passionate about it. It's good enough to keep going with it, but I'd truly love to do something equine.
I wonder how many of you people will lose their passion. Some will...
I thought I would be really interested in my course.
I hate it :frown:
Reply 34
Its okaaay, i enjoy english but i don't think i am great in it! :frown:
and the Education studies (joint honours) i think i will enjoy after reasearching it, it reminds me of sociology =]
fran-heart
Yes, I love geography :smile:

Human geog is awesome.....(demography....SWOON)
But yeh I cant wait to do my course......I love the idea of it......im still volounteering even after I got my offers cause I enjoy it so much...........CANT WAIT!!!!!!1
Reply 36
Yes, I do love it. I'm annoyed at the moment with my subject because it's nearing the end of year exhibition and my tutor is bananas. Sometimes I wish I'd continued studying English Literature or Philosophy though :frown: I'm hoping to get involved with things outside of uni or maybe join some societies especially the drama society. I studied performance art design prior to now so that's my back up plan. Might get into theatre design or freelance.
Reply 37
Maths, Physics and Law are the subjects I'm interested in. I haven't studied Law before so I'll see if I like studying it in October. :biggrin:
Reply 38
I used to absolutely love it...now I'm not so sure.
Reply 39
i ask myself all the time why i applied for engineering. no answer.