The Student Room Group
What unit are you doing?
Reply 2
well i'll im doing christianity and Mk's gospel. beleivers baptism is when you are baptised as an adult and the adult is totally immersed under water
chrismation- although it's not on my spec, i did knew it before but 4got, soz
liturgical worship is when you follow a set of orders/rules- something like that
Reply 3
Believers Baptism is performed in Baptist and Pentecost churches. It's when, as an adult, Christians confirm their faith in Jesus Christ, and ask for forgiveness of their sins. They are totally immersed in water for the washing away of their sins (usually in a baptistry) and then they rise up and out of the pool to symbolise them beginning their new way of life in God.

Chrismation takes places in Orthodox churches straight after baptism. The baby is anointed with chrism (holy oil) all over the body to mark the seal of the Holy Spirit on the child's life. The child is then carried three times around the font and a lock of hair is cut as a sign of dedication to God.

Liturgical worship is a structured worship which follows the same order every week, all across the world. There are often liturgy books given out to the congregation at the start of the service indicating the order of the services and words that are said etc. All that changes are the prayers that are said, the hymns that are sung and the Bible readings/sermon. If you were to go to another country you would still understand the service in a liturgical church.

Hope I helped. Good luck :smile:

Latest