The Student Room Group

Taking Advantage of Uni Services

Just wondering how many other students take advantage of massive array of opportunites available at their uni, out of curiousity and maybe for inspiration.

My uni's student union is a little under-developed and starting up new ventures like a radio and newspaper. Everything is still in it's infancy so its a very good time to get involved: I write a lot/investigate for my uni paper (more so than most journalism students!! I study engineering) and take part in one-off volunteering events. Having had a pretty flat CV before-hand, all these new experiences have come handy in beefing it up and/or opening up other great opportunities.

Does anyone else do similar, work with the union? write for the paper? take part in lots of societies? (You get the idea) :wink:

Also; I think a lot of freshers don't realise the types of services/jobs the uni can offer so it'd be cool to spread the word.
Reply 1
Im planning to participate on the student paper, radio station etc when I get to uni! Its been so hard for me to find any media work experience so ill definitely be taking advantage of it :p:
Reply 2
Good for you, I'm really shocked that so few have taken advantage of my uni paper so far...I wonder why that is.

Latest

Trending

Trending