The Student Room Group

GCSE Religious Education - Is it really this easy?

So I have my RE exam tomorrow and I realised this morning that it might be a good idea to start doing some revison so I sat outside with all of my books, my revison guide and a cup of coffee and after an hour I realised that I'd revised and pretty much memorised half of the stuff I need for my exam tomorrow so with another couple of hours of revison I'm sorted. Is it really this easy or am I missing something?

Scroll to see replies

I found it that easy tbh. There are a lot of repeated facts etc....I revised the weekend before mine and got an A*
Yes, it's that easy.
GCSE RS is really quite stupid. When I did it last year I was actively picking holes in religions and went on to say how life was like a video game (Not a level based game but more of a linear mission based game) and how Jedi-ism was a religion.

Still got a C.
I found it pretty easy when I did mine. A lot of it seemed to be arguing for and against issues, then just chucking some viewpoints of different religions in.
I didn't revise at all and got an A. Go figure :shrug:
I think it's quite easy to get your marks, and i'm gaining 16/17 marks on each question, but i still can't figure out how to get 4/5 marks on the evaluations! It's whats dropping me marks, :/
Yep, all you need to know is which religions oppose which things, and a decent religious programme, and that's an A* right there. One of my friends made up a religious documentary called 'Jesus: The Early Years' and still got an A :biggrin:
Reply 8
Which board do you all do? I do OCR Christian Perspectives and I think I defo need to revise. Got it tomorrow as well :eek3: SO scared!!! I'm taking it next year and really really want an A* and I'm worried I'll **** it up somehow :s-smilie:
Reply 9
S_123
Which board do you all do? I do OCR and I think I defo need to revise. Got it tomorrow as well :eek3: SO scared!!! I'm taking it next year and really really want an A* and I'm worried I'll **** it up somehow :s-smilie:

I think I'm on OCR as well, The Nature of belief, Good and Evil, Science and Religion and Death and the Afterlife?
Reply 10
You don't actually need to revise. I got an A* without revising at all. More because I actually forgot I had my R.E exam until the day before and just couldn't be bothered to revise. All you need is some common sense, a bit of intelligence and the ability to show two sides to an argument. Things which most people at my school lacked.
Reply 11
('',)
I think I'm on OCR as well, The Nature of belief, Good and Evil, Science and Religion and Death and the Afterlife?

We do Christian Perspectives so not that (birth and death, discrimination, family relationships, etc). You might do a different spec in OCR though because I think there are quite a few for RS.
Reply 12
i didnt revise for mine and wrote complete and utter ******** that barely even made sense because when i did mine it was the last exam we took and id had enough by this point so just took the piss the whole way through. i got a B
Reply 13
I did the short course in year 9 of no revision and got an A. It was so easy. when it asks for reasons why upbringing is NEARLY ALWAYS an answer
Reply 14
yes, definately really that easy. Didn't revise AT ALL and got an A*. Most of it is just knowing what the examiner wants to see.
Contagious Chemistry <3
I think it's quite easy to get your marks, and i'm gaining 16/17 marks on each question, but i still can't figure out how to get 4/5 marks on the evaluations! It's whats dropping me marks, :/

Are you giving two different points of view, and your own view in conclusion?
Lack of Creativity
Are you giving two different points of view, and your own view in conclusion?

yes :/
Reply 17
Off topic but does anyone know what exam board I'm on? Everyone I asked said a different board! :eek:
There's Unit One which is early life, war and peace, planet earth and animal rights.
Unit Two is elderly and death, matters of life, crime and punishment and rich and poor.
I'd like to do some past papers but can't seeing as I don't know which board I'm on and the exam is tomorrow!
Yes I do find R.E easy, last time I got an A without revision in my mocks but would like an A* hopefully.
Reply 18
I am sitting the exam as well at 1.15. Doing the GCSE OCR Religious studies paper 1 2 hours. I really hope I can get an A*.
It really is that easy, honest.

Latest

Trending

Trending