The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My gf's from Malaysia, she has a fan heater directed at her from under a desk too. I think she has a similar problem, I wonder if this is what's causing it.... how very random.
Reply 21
InvoluntarySlacker
I'm joking. Judging from the patches and referencing my nonexistent medical knowledge, I'd say it's probably something to do with your capillaries dilating from the focused heat and somehow resulting into what you see now. I don’t know how but I do know I know jack schiesse so ignore me.

:smile: lol. thank you though, it does seem like the heat like.. i don't know. burst my blood cells or something. -.- I guess I need protein now to rebuild my cells.
Reply 22
Christian_j
My gf's from Malaysia, she has a fan heater directed at her from under a desk too. I think she has a similar problem, I wonder if this is what's causing it.... how very random.

Ayyy what a coincidence :smile:) Guess we can't live without the heat :P but ya, I definitely know the patches are from the excessive heating. But like what the other TSR-ians said, to moisturise so she should give it a try :smile:) Lol exactly, it is random :P
Jingely
:smile: lol. thank you though, it does seem like the heat like.. i don't know. burst my blood cells or something. -.- I guess I need protein now to rebuild my cells.

I very much doubt your blood cells burst. :p:

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, visit your G.P. But say it's a weird rash or something to get an appointment. I have to invent some mad symtpoms similar to the black plague just to even get an apoointment at my local G.P.
Jingely
Ayyy what a coincidence :smile:) Guess we can't live without the heat :P but ya, I definitely know the patches are from the excessive heating. But like what the other TSR-ians said, to moisturise so she should give it a try :smile:) Lol exactly, it is random :P

Haha I know, I go into her room and it's like an oven! I've mentioned it to her anyway :smile:
Lol congratulations you just cooked yourself.
Jingely

Lol didn't your ankles feel hot as you were excessivley heating them :P or are you immune to temperature :smile:. You just need to put your fan heater somewhere not directally pointing at you. :P
Reply 27
QuantBrain
Lol congratulations you just cooked yourself.

Haha. Hooray. Pass the gravy please. :P
Reply 28
secondtogod
Lol didn't your ankles feel hot as you were excessivley heating them :P or are you immune to temperature :smile:. You just need to put your fan heater somewhere not directally pointing at you. :P

LOL. It actually does feel hot. But I don't know.. For me, I rather feel burning than freezing. I don't mind the cold, it's just that when I'm in my room, I like to feel super warm. Lol.

Thing is, it HAS to be pointed at my feet cuz it warms up my feet then my body feels warm. hahahha :P owel, i know better now than to use it like that :wink:
Reply 29
InvoluntarySlacker
I very much doubt your blood cells burst. :p:

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, visit your G.P. But say it's a weird rash or something to get an appointment. I have to invent some mad symtpoms similar to the black plague just to even get an apoointment at my local G.P.

haha. well my imagination does stray, and it does seem that way :tongue:

LOL. nice one. Ya, if it really doesn't go away after the moisturising I'll make up some excuse. :tongue: I'd give it around end of June - afterall I did use the fan heater continuously for months so I won't expect it to have a miraculous disappearance.

Thanks for the advice. :wink:
Reply 30
Christian_j
Haha I know, I go into her room and it's like an oven! I've mentioned it to her anyway :smile:

Haha, ditto. okie dokes :smile:)
Jingely
LOL. It actually does feel hot. But I don't know.. For me, I rather feel burning than freezing. I don't mind the cold, it's just that when I'm in my room, I like to feel super warm. Lol.

Thing is, it HAS to be pointed at my feet cuz it warms up my feet then my body feels warm. hahahha :P owel, i know better now than to use it like that :wink:

Lol yeah you learn something new everyday, like I realised that sometimes a table can have an artficial leg when living in a student house, lol the leg just came off. Maybe you want to invest in a pair of socks :biggrin: :P lol.
Oh! I've got patches on exactly my ankle and behind my legs/thighs too. Still using my fan :colondollar: This wasn't a helpful post. But if you die OP, I'll die too. No worries.
Reply 33
Cultivated
Oh! I've got patches on exactly my ankle and behind my legs/thighs too. Still using my fan :colondollar: This wasn't a helpful post. But if you die OP, I'll die too. No worries.

:redface: ya exactly! maybe that's the 'i'll feel warm' points. haha. but hopefully yours will go to- summer's here! shorts :frown: hehe. ay ay no worries at all :tongue:
Reply 34
secondtogod
Lol yeah you learn something new everyday, like I realised that sometimes a table can have an artficial leg when living in a student house, lol the leg just came off. Maybe you want to invest in a pair of socks :biggrin: :P lol.

LOL. an artificial leg? haha. i have LOADS of socks. see, I'm just a living contradiction. when i'm in my room and it's cold, I dont like wearing socks and gloves and layers of clothes. I just feel.. cold AND hot :s-smilie: like.. i start cold sweating. so i rely on the heater. haha :yep: :woo:
Jingely
LOL. an artificial leg? haha. i have LOADS of socks. see, I'm just a living contradiction. when i'm in my room and it's cold, I dont like wearing socks and gloves and layers of clothes. I just feel.. cold AND hot :s-smilie: like.. i start cold sweating. so i rely on the heater. haha :yep: :woo:

Ha ha aw bless you :P so cute lol. yeah put quite a few cans of beer on the table and the leg went so i stuck it with a hell of alot of super glue and hope it will stick lol. Btw your the living image of micheal jackson with the gloves in your display pic :wink:
Reply 36
Nope I don't have a strange ankle fetish. Oh well at least that's good to know :yep:

Maybe rub aloe vera gel over it? Usually cures sunburn (among other things), and it'll probably get rid of the redness. Probably should go to a GP though.

Obviously the obvious thing would be to stop using the fan and see if the redness goes away. Did you place the fan heater near your leg? If so, perhaps trying to move it to a different place?
Reply 37
secondtogod
Ha ha aw bless you :P so cute lol. yeah put quite a few cans of beer on the table and the leg went so i stuck it with a hell of alot of super glue and hope it will stick lol. Btw your the living image of micheal jackson with the gloves in your display pic :wink:

haha. you should use a glue gun, i think they're stronger than super glue? :tongue:

ooo I'll take that as a compliment? :biggrin: I got a new pair of gloves again :smile:) sooo happy. prolly put it up soon when I match it with some other clothes :smile:)) o

HAPPY HOLS BTW! Hallam's officially over for summer woo! :woo:
Reply 38
dfjr
Nope I don't have a strange ankle fetish. Oh well at least that's good to know :yep:

Maybe rub aloe vera gel over it? Usually cures sunburn (among other things), and it'll probably get rid of the redness. Probably should go to a GP though.

Obviously the obvious thing would be to stop using the fan and see if the redness goes away. Did you place the fan heater near your leg? If so, perhaps trying to move it to a different place?

haha :smile:)

ya, I've bought them aloe vera gel (vaseline) and bio-oil. Don't use much of the fan heater now, and I do see a reduction in the obviousness of the marks. :smile:)))

haha yes, I put it near my leg and thighs cuz it keep me warrrrmmm :tongue: owel, but summer's here, so I don't use it much. and even if I do, it's on low and i point it away from my skin :smile:)

Happy holidays btw! :biggrin:

Latest