The Student Room Group

Q for all of u who sat the additional science january 2010 higher tier exams

Exam Board: AQA (soz 4got 2 mention it)

How hard/easy were the Bio,Chem,Physics papers? The grade boundaries seem alarmingly high! Higher than ever before! That means the papers must have been reallllly eaaaasy??

What were the most easiest/hardest questions for Chem,Bio,physics?

Which question carried the highest amount of marks? For all 3 sciences

What were the most frequently asked questions in Bio,Chem,physics?

Do you advise me to do past papers & or questions from CGP & Letts revision booklets? Tbh past papers seem a lot easier than CGP questions.

Just to let you know I'm going to be sitting my additional science exams starting from this Friday with Biology first.
What are the grade boundaries..? How do you know?

Definitely do past papers. The CGP questions are not really similar to what they actually ask you in the exam so they are good if you want to test your knowledge, but not great for exam prep.

I did Biology on Friday too. How did you find it?

It taught me that you can't go by what come up in previous papers too much. In all of the bio past papers, questions about diabetes, inheritance/genetic disorders (i.e. cystic fibrosis) and embryo screening came up. Not the case this time. :frown:
Reply 2
Confused_London
What are the grade boundaries..? How do you know?

Definitely do past papers. The CGP questions are not really similar to what they actually ask you in the exam so they are good if you want to test your knowledge, but not great for exam prep.

I did Biology on Friday too. How did you find it?

It taught me that you can't go by what come up in previous papers too much. In all of the bio past papers, questions about diabetes, inheritance/genetic disorders (i.e. cystic fibrosis) and embryo screening came up. Not the case this time. :frown:

The grade boundaries for the January exams are on the AQA website.

And yeah i agree the Biology paper was really strange..i probably got 2/3 of the paper correct...oh well i hope that the Chemistry and Physics paper are not as weird. Goodluck :smile:
Reply 3
I did it, i also retook the B2C2P2 exams,

3 easy A*s, dropped 2 marks in 3 papers
Reply 4
If you want to revise for science, you MUST check out the AQA site and do some exam practice. Thats what got me my AAB in triple science :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending