The Student Room Group

Which clubs to go to

Hey hey I'm back!

Here's a brief run down of which club nights to hit over the week. Any questions just fire away!

Monday - Vodka Island @ Tiger Tiger (R&B, Chart, Dance)
Monday Madness @ 5th Avenue (Indie, Alternative)

Tuesday - Waybackwhen @ Po Na Na (Old-Skool Hip-hop)

Wednesday - Prive @ Paparazzi (R&B, Hip-Hop)

Thursday - Airport @ Paparazzi (House, Chart, R&B, Indie)
- Romp @ One Central (Electro, House, Rock'n'Roll, Hip-hop)

Friday - THE BOP!!! @ Owens Park Bar (Pissed up Party Music)

Saturday - Beautiful @ The Baby Grand (R&B, Soul, Funk)

Sunday - JUKEBOX @ The Baby Grand (Live Soul, Funk & Rock)

Also, look out for live gigs from a guy called David Lewis, he's Manchester's rising talent!! :smile: . http://www.officialdavidlewis.com

the boy wonder

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ooooh thank you..

i understand theres a school disco too somewhere????
Reply 2
Yea i think that's at the ritz, can't remember what night though. They also have love train on a wednesday where everyone dresses up in seventies wear!
Reply 3
excellent.. thanks for the list. I think Im gonna like paparazzi..
Annik
ooooh thank you..

i understand theres a school disco too somewhere????

I know that in the coming weeks there is a school disco night at Teasers on Deansgate.
mik1w
excellent.. thanks for the list. I think Im gonna like paparazzi..

I really enjoy Paparazzi on Thursdays, however it can get stupidly busy and little room to breathe around the bar/dancefloor area. Still good though.
Romp is also cool on a Thursday night at One Central. Thursday is a great night out in Manchester!
MTwo on thursday nights is good for anyone who enjoys hip hop/rnb and old skool rap
the boy wonder
Hey hey I'm back!

Here's a brief run down of which club nights to hit over the week. Any questions just fire away!

u wouldn't happen to be a promoter would you? :p: recommending the same place twice for two nights in a row?
Reply 8
Haha!

Yea I am a promoter but I only promote ONE of the the nights on that list, I don't work for any particular club and I'm into loadsa diff genres of music so I have no loyalties!

I'm jus trying to keep the knowledge going round!
the boy wonder
Haha!

Yea I am a promoter but I only promote ONE of the the nights on that list, I don't work for any particular club and I'm into loadsa diff genres of music so I have no loyalties!

I'm jus trying to keep the knowledge going round!

hehe fair enough! just checking that it wasn't a biased list of nights, heaven forbid :biggrin:
Reply 10
Freshers - I'd suggest you all go to 5th Ave and 42nd Street at least once too!
If you're in to dance music then the best nights are

Tribal Sessions - fridays at Sankeys Soap (House, Techno, Breaks - mixmags club of the year)

Tangled - Fridays at the Phoenix (House, Trance, Breaks)

Redlight - Saturdays at Sankeys Soap (House mainly)

Megadog Soundsytem - Fridays at Music Box (Early Balearic House, Trance, Techno etc)

Tramp - Wednesday at Bierkeller (Electronica, punk, rock loads of stuff - easily the best midweek night in manchster)

Metropolis - Fridays at the Road House (dnb)

5th Avenue and 42nd street are good fun and 5th ave has some amazing drinks promotions

And theres loads and loads more - whislt the other nights mentioned in the postsabove are normally a good laugh you may end up getting a bit tired of the cheesy music and hearing the same hip-hop/rnb tunes everynight if you go to them a lot) - Basically tho the nightlife in mancehster is amazing whatever you're into...
Reply 12
So Whats Appen To Lucid As It Shut For Good Or Is There Sommat Else Thats Gonna Open?
all the cool kids go to Footage on a Monday...

ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHEESE!!!!
L2Lad..yeah, what did happen to Lucid?! I went once, and the bouncers randomly gave us VIP passes, went to go again and it had shut...the discussions about the mystery of Lucid we had were legendary...

Everyone must go to Zoo on a Thursday night...£1 drinks all night and a really great mix of every music genre.

Loaf on a Monday night is pretty good; R&B, HipHop and Funky House - get there early though because the queue can get really long!

Club Trop at the Academy on a Tuesday is pretty fun; cheesey 80's music, but the venue is pretty huge compared to the amount of people who go, so it kind of reminds me of a school disco...
Where's good for live jazz? Particularly improv/free?
candle mambo
Where's good for live jazz? Particularly improv/free?

only jazz club i know of is matt and phreds on oldham street, never been tho!
I'll make a note of that. Ta!
Reply 18
do you play too?
I sing and play sax
(although my sax is only good for written music not good enough to ad lib yet)
Not jazz, nope.

Latest

Trending

Trending