The Student Room Group

Cambridge Contact

Hi, in my 'pool letter' it was made very clear that writing to colleges would be entirely unhelpful.

However, does this apply even after the whole process is over? Basically I would be interested to know if it is frowned upon to ask questions as to why you where rejected or pooled. This isn't because I feel hard done by but simply because I would like to know because I am probably going to re-apply next year. For the same reason though I don't want to put anyone's back up!

Any info would be appreciated.

Also did anyone on these boards apply to Christ's for English? I got pooled with fairly mediocre previous results (2 A*'s 4 A's and 3 B's for GCSE and 2 A's a B and a C at AS.) Is this an indication that my interviews went quite well? It is hard to tell because of references, essays, UCAS forms etc!

Anyway these boards are quite theraputic (I'm saving loads on a shrink!) Good luck to all still waiting.

Adam
Reply 1
You should get all the info you need from the report that will be sent to your school/referee - it's very informative, if you are still unsure then perhaps contact the college.
Tnacilppa
Hi, in my 'pool letter' it was made very clear that writing to colleges would be entirely unhelpful.

However, does this apply even after the whole process is over? Basically I would be interested to know if it is frowned upon to ask questions as to why you where rejected or pooled. This isn't because I feel hard done by but simply because I would like to know because I am probably going to re-apply next year. For the same reason though I don't want to put anyone's back up!

Any info would be appreciated.

Also did anyone on these boards apply to Christ's for English? I got pooled with fairly mediocre previous results (2 A*'s 4 A's and 3 B's for GCSE and 2 A's a B and a C at AS.) Is this an indication that my interviews went quite well? It is hard to tell because of references, essays, UCAS forms etc!

Anyway these boards are quite theraputic (I'm saving loads on a shrink!) Good luck to all still waiting.

Adam

hey! i got A* 4 as and 4bs for gcse, and 3b's an a c at as level (i did miss 3 months with hospital thogh) but i still got pooled i think cuz my tests and interview were good! i wld wait until pooling is ova b4 u ask for feedback! :smile:
Reply 3
Sazzle
You should get all the info you need from the report that will be sent to your school/referee - it's very informative, if you are still unsure then perhaps contact the college.

does everyone get this?
Reply 4
Rusty
does everyone get this?

Definately if you're rejected, not sure if you get in.

Although thinking about it mine didn't come for ages last year so you might want to e-mail sooner.

Latest