The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies: Welfare State

See for questions about the original founding principles of the welfare state being upheld.

What could you mention?

I know about prescription charges and dental charges - not free at point of need.

Private healthcare means that health care access is not equal?

I am not sure about this so i would appreciate help. Even links to other site(s) to help me.

I am not sure about education in particular as I don't know what the aims were regarding education. There are private schools and even in public schools, the education services are not equal. But is this part of the welfare state's founding principles?

And what could you say about state benefits and some being means-tested? How is means-testing not upholding the original principles as it ensures that those worst-off do not fall below the poverty line, etc.

I am confused. Please help. :confused: :woo: :eek3:
garlicbreadman
See for questions about the original founding principles of the welfare state being upheld.

What could you mention?

I know about prescription charges and dental charges - not free at point of need.

Private healthcare means that health care access is not equal?

I am not sure about this so i would appreciate help. Even links to other site(s) to help me.

I am not sure about education in particular as I don't know what the aims were regarding education. There are private schools and even in public schools, the education services are not equal. But is this part of the welfare state's founding principles?

And what could you say about state benefits and some being means-tested? How is means-testing not upholding the original principles as it ensures that those worst-off do not fall below the poverty line, etc.

I am confused. Please help. :confused: :woo: :eek3:

Welfare State

Hopefully I answered your question and didn't just ramble on like I normally do. But if you have any more questions, just ask. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending