The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
You can resit some of the units this year, i also got a D overall in maths AS, and finished with a C, so it is possible.
You would need a C in A2 maths to go into a maths degree, but you can still do a foundatain course without a C, which is an extra year.
Reply 41
fonzievision
I used to teach basic math at a girls orphanage back in Portugal. One of the best things I've done, ever... People who are less fortunate seem to be so much more eager to learn. I miss my little girls to death .

Oops. I was being sarcastic, but I guess it's all good.

Garbagemen make more than teachers though....
Reply 42
Im in my third year and i have been looking into being a teacher after i finish a degree. If you want to be a primary school teacher you need to have A-C GCSE Maths, Science & English, and 2:1 or above in any degree discipline. If you want to be a maths teacher i would assume that you would need, the A-C GCSE's, A-C Maths at A-Level and a second class honours degree in Maths or Maths related discipline!
Reply 43
That is to qualify for the respective PGCE's!!!!
crazypinkme
Sorry, fundamental mistake, correction: you have been a lot of help

This doesn't look like maths to me. I smell a rat!
Reply 45
If you want to become a primary teacher you need a 2:1??? Ridiculous!!!!
Reply 46
You said I should drop Physics, but dont they want you to have Physics A-level to do a Maths degree, they would prefer it to Psychology anyway, wouldn't they? And even if I do retakes in January, don't I need to put my current AS grades on the form for UCAS anyway?
Reply 47
The worst maths teachers I have had are ones that assume maths is easy and have no patience with people who find it hard.

I just spent a year putting up with a maths teacher with a PHD in Astro Physics, who told me I was stupid and didn't have a hope in hell of getting an A at GCSE, he had no patience with us when we had a problem and expected us to grasp concepts instantly. There are far more important skills as a teacher, but maybe you should decline your Physics grade and then retake the year and really try and I'm sure you'll get your grades up with one less subject to worry about. I wouldn't worry about not having the Physics, unless you want to go to a top top university such as Oxbridge or LSE etc, then I don't think it's vital.

Latest

Trending

Trending