The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Narik
Imperial, UCL, Kings and Birmingham - in order of preference. I'm highly unlikely to change that now. Although, I do hate how vague UCL is. :mad: And I can't believe I have to do A2 Physics because they wont consider my A2 Maths as a third A2 because I did it in year 12... and they wont accept A2 Further Maths. :shakecane: Darn it.

Are you they don't accept A2 further maths.
I thought of doing Bio A2 chem A2 and Fm A2 in June???
Are you sure??
And I thought you were applying to cambridge?
Reply 261
bmatconfused
Are you they don't accept A2 further maths.
I thought of doing Bio A2 chem A2 and Fm A2 in June???
Are you sure??
And I thought you were applying to cambridge?

Nah I'm not applying to Cambridge. I'm not entirely sure if they accept A2 FM. KCL don't however, so I thought I'd be on the safe side and just do A2 Physics.
Narik
Nah I'm not applying to Cambridge. I'm not entirely sure if they accept A2 FM. KCL don't however, so I thought I'd be on the safe side and just do A2 Physics.

I had asked UCl and they told it is not a problem.
I'm doing As Fm in Jan and A2 in bio,chemFm in june.
Is there any particular reason you are not applying to cam?
Markh1000
Well they didn't accept A2 resits this past year, so it's not a new thing.

The update is significant, because there is no longer a requirement to sit X number of exams at a certain time, meaning that many more people are able to apply.

Obviously they still want the best candidates, so I'm not at all surprised by that email.

How do you think I should let UCL know I'm doing my units in June?
And I have done 2 additional maths unit C3 and M2, therfore I have not finished the subject.
How do I put it in ucas?
Reply 264
bmatconfused
How do you think I should let UCL know I'm doing my units in June?
And I have done 2 additional maths unit C3 and M2, therfore I have not finished the subject.
How do I put it in ucas?

I honestly don't know how they know when you sit your exams. :dontknow:

Assuming you've finished AS but not A2, just put down your AS grades and your predicted A2 grade as normal.
Markh1000
I honestly don't know how they know when you sit your exams. :dontknow:

Assuming you've finished AS but not A2, just put down your AS grades and your predicted A2 grade as normal.

so in my predicted A2 results should I put the units as well or just the subject?
Reply 266
bmatconfused
so in my predicted A2 results should I put the units as well or just the subject?

So all you have left to do is C4?
Markh1000
So all you have left to do is C4?

yeah,so what should I do?
Reply 268
bmatconfused
yeah,so what should I do?

You should probably check with UCL - Narik was told they wouldn't accept maths done in one year, and you're only a little longer than that.
Markh1000
You should probably check with UCL - Narik was told they wouldn't accept maths done in one year, and you're only a little longer than that.

Instead I'm doing FM a2 they told it will be accepted.I'm asking how should I put it in ucas.
Nucleolus
I remember when I wanted to apply to UCL. Back in the day...

:p:

Same, until i heard about this module business and how much Imperial kick their ass :smile:
Reply 271
bmatconfused
Instead I'm doing FM a2 they told it will be accepted.I'm asking how should I put it in ucas.

Just put your AS grades and your A2 predictions.
Reply 272
gozatron
:p:

Same, until i heard about this module business and how much Imperial kick their ass :smile:

Whatevverrrrrrrrrrr :p:
Markh1000
Whatevverrrrrrrrrrr :p:

Rofl :p:

Imperial is a pure science uni :yep: , none of this wussy artsy crap. :biggrin:
Reply 274
gozatron
Rofl :p:

Imperial is a pure science uni :yep: , none of this wussy artsy crap. :biggrin:

You are aware that it's physically possible for science and arts to exist in the same cluster of buildings without the universe imploding, right? :p:
Markh1000
You are aware that it's physically possible for science and arts to exist in the same cluster of buildings without the universe imploding, right? :p:

Yeh but..

Remembering bad memories of GCSE English and French will make me.. :cry2:
Reply 276
gozatron
Yeh but..

Remembering bad memories of GCSE English and French will make me.. :cry2:

Awww :console:
Reply 277
How will an AS module retake affect my application for medicine at UCL mainly?
i got AAAB in biology, maths, philosophy and chemistry respectively. I want to retake the chemistry and get it up to an A in january as i know it is very important for medicine. However my form tutor told me today that they do not accept retakes and made it sound as if it was a straight rejection...:confused:
How likely is this? did anybody do any retakes when applying for medicine?
Because UCL is really the main place i want to go and there is no point in me doing the bmat now. She basically crushed my dreams!
Thank you
What are good AS module scores for UCL? Is it 90%+ like Cambridge?
Reply 279
MoTheMedic
What are good AS module scores for UCL? Is it 90%+ like Cambridge?

UCL don't see UMS scores, only AS grades (and module grades if you include them).

Latest

Trending

Trending