The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
J DOT A
Have you heard Miles Davis; summertime?

gets me all the time :cool:

:yep: Brilliant song.

He's got to be my favourite jazz artist. Though Coltrane comes a very close second :o:
Reply 21
metro2610
Miles Davis, John Coltrane etc. Just so chilled and great for revising to.

Nice! That's the kind of music I listen to when revising maths as that's pretty much just practising questions. For my other subjects I can't listen to music as I have to speak to myself for anything to go in :/.
Reply 22
JamJes
classic fm baby. especially when I'm doing music revision- really gets me into the mood.

I actually love you, I never thought of doing that until now.. The presenters are so funny at night lol
I find revising to greenday the best :ninja:
Reply 24
Piano music, mainly Ludovico Einaudi :biggrin:
Reply 25
Instrumental or as near intrumental and I can get. It's nearly always albums I listen to. Particular mention goes to Low by David Bowie, Doolittle by Pixies and Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek & the Dominoes. They make great background noise
Bella's Lullaby usually x] Mainly because its the only thing on my iPod with no lyrics....
Rammstein
Disturbed
Killswitch Engage
Dope
System of A Down
Rage against the machine

and a bit of limp bizkit lately :shock: :lolwut:
Something instrumental, not catchy. Just mellow that i don't particularly like- less of a distraction and I just need some noise :smile:
Reply 29
Discudvayne
Anything I actually like. Although I worry that it distracts me :frown:

This This This
Reply 30
I cannot concentrate with music on - even if it's just instrumental, I just drift off into another world....
Reply 31
Jenny_C
Anything without lyrics. Music with lyrics interfere with the part of the brain that processes verbal information, dividing a person's attention and making it more difficult to revise.

This.
My personal favourite as revision music is YIRUMA. :love:
Anything kind of instrumental/ ambient such as this.
Most things distract me too much. I find I can listen to Florence and the Machine and stay focussed. I like prog and metal alot but if I listen to that I won't revise well.
Classical music is good for revising imo, only problem is that my classical music collection is laughably small (only a few "100 classical hits" sort of things). Classic fm or Spotify annoy me due to the ads.
If I'm the only person in my house I can get away without needing music, but if there are other people I'd rather listen to soothing music than them.
Reply 34
Hanner_Spanner
stuff thats on my ipod (so basically most genres) i find that if i get into the work then the music just goes into the background so im not really listening to it

i cant revise without having music/tv on i just cant seem to work properly with no background noise - im just wierd like that lol :biggrin:

I'm exactly the same! I thought I was just weird :o:
Reply 35
I don t listen 2 music when studying,it distracts me.
JamJes
classic fm baby. especially when I'm doing music revision- really gets me into the mood.

This. And this.
Classic FM or Radio 3 - basically anything classical and without words! Although when I'm doing music revision if it's on a set work I just listen to that set work on loop!
classical, movie scores
teagan
I'm exactly the same! I thought I was just weird :o:

haha most of my friends think im weird as well coz i can concentrate on revision with the tv/music on in the background lol somehow i also manage to go out and still get work done i really dont know how i do it lol - i suppose its just planning and prioritising :biggrin:
Reply 39
Like this thread :smile: Have been doing an experiment with my housemate during these exams and listened to a different genre everyday... (Probably have learnt more about music than my course :s-smilie:)
Our conclusion - Its all about Reggae :smile:

Latest