The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Brazil's a good one...definitely. If you're in that region, you could consider central americas as well. Honduras and Belize are AMAZING.
Reply 2
All about Acapulco, baby :biggrin: If you don't mind the thunderstorms.

That or you have to go do some bit of the states!
Hull?

Seriously, though, Berlin is pretty fantastic. Or pick a bit of the US - New England maybe? Who knows! I'm rather jealous.
Reply 4
I agree with Honza who said Prague.
It is a BEAUTIFUL city, and everything is SO CHEAP!!
(Our first night out we had a lot of trouble trying to buy icecream since we hadn't broken any notes yet and it cost 5 Kronagh... 12.5p baby!! :biggrin: )
If you're going to go to Germany stop in at the Black Forest- tis v beautiful :smile:
Oooh I envy you
Reply 5
The Black Forest cake ain't as good as it's famed to be.
Reply 6
jat
OP
Actually I've just come back from Argentina, Mexico and the US. Central america could be good. DUnno what backpacking will be like through there takin ALLLLLL my stuff that I need to study in the UK.

Re Prague, I guess that it's pretty easy (and cheap) to get there from the UK - right? If so, could have a few mad weekend trips or something
Do a prague-munich-vienna-berlin-paris-london-cambridge trip (maybe put in a bit of St Petersburg before).

How on earth could you afford it though

(although I suppose Australian people always note how ridiculous it is that we live so close to the great cities of the world yet never visit them... and they have a point!)
Berlin is the most incredible city I've ever visted (and I've been to Dunkeld :eek: )
Don't be ridiculous. Nothing beats Dunkeld. When I first arrived there I thought for a second I'd come to New York
Reply 10
Canary Islands!?!?! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
WhatFreshHell?
Don't be ridiculous. Nothing beats Dunkeld. When I first arrived there I thought for a second I'd come to New York

OK, OK.... jat - you should spend your two weeks in Dunkeld :smile:
Reply 12
WhatFreshHell?
Do a prague-munich-vienna-berlin-paris-london-cambridge trip (maybe put in a bit of St Petersburg before).

That's sounds like a pretty much perfect plan, though I'd fit in Edinburgh if I could somewhere. Maybe alter it to go to Gothenburg too so that your line wouldn't be disrupted? :P
Reply 13
asia?
Reply 14
What, all of it?
No, just North Korea. But you might end up spending more than two weeks there.
Reply 16
jat
OP
Heh - Sth Korea would be great. Just came from Japan though - sorta the same I hear (well; similar).

Never heard of Dunkeld -some poxy town somewhere?? :smile:

yeah money aint no object (how much can you spend it 2 weeks); spose a short Euro stint might be good. Though I was definately in the frame of mind that I can see Eu whilst staying in Cambs..
Reply 17
Helen, Acapulco?! No, there are far nicer places in Mexico than that! It's all about the pyramids!!! :wink:

Prague is lovely city, and cheap, but not as cheap as the rest of the Czech Republic...I traveled from the far south (below Brno, 4hour journey in total) on a bus for about £3 this summer, it's ridiculously cheap there and it's a nice country, but I've heard the mountains in the north are even more amazing. You could travel around really easily and cheaply there. :smile:
Reply 18
Nooooooooooo, don't go to Europe if you can go anywhere!! Christ! Europe is easy to get to when you're at Camb. Go to Chile (great food), then Brazil as you say (but the guns are scary there), Cuba (can be crazy, **** cars though!), then Canada (beauty + cool clubs), and then go to Iceland! :smile:
Reply 19
jat
OP
ahh too much food for thought! :smile:

haha I agree - Acapulco, heh I purposely avoided there. It's almost as bad as Cancun!

Latest

Trending

Trending