The Student Room Group

I'm 16...and still have a teddy...

does anyone else?

its really bad because i dont just have it at night...i always carry it round when im in my bedroom. seriously, as i am typing this it is sitting there on my arm.
I know this all sounds so stupid, but its getting rediculous - I will sit there in my room staring into space and stroking it. ok that sounds REALLY wrong :rolleyes: ...its nothing like that(!)

I dont know what to do...:frown: I want to get rid of it...or at least not use it as much. does anyone have any tips??

Scroll to see replies

I'm 18 and can't sleep without the duvet cover that was on my bed when I was 7. I've had countless new duvet covers since there but I always keep this one separate. I sleep with it every single night and I take it to sleepovers and on school trips. All my friends know about it :biggrin: I do what you do, I stroke it as like a comforter when I'm drifting off to sleep. And if I'm homesick I put it over my pillow so that I can smell it because it's familiar. Nowt to be ashamed of at all, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything!
My friend is 20 and still has a teddy...
Reply 3
theres nothing wrong with it. i still have several teddies scattered around my bedroom and on my bed ><
Whats wrong with that. I've still got teddies from when I was young and from my bf, they have sentimental value!
-kit-kat-
does anyone else?

its really bad because i dont just have it at night...i always carry it round when im in my bedroom. seriously, as i am typing this it is sitting there on my arm.
I know this all sounds so stupid, but its getting rediculous - I will sit there in my room staring into space and stroking it. ok that sounds REALLY wrong :rolleyes: ...its nothing like that(!)

I dont know what to do...:frown: I want to get rid of it...or at least not use it as much. does anyone have any tips??

Haha - You like your teddy bear. What really is the problem with that :p: ? (To be fair, I'm a lad and I think it's cute)
i'm 18 and still have a teddy... the only time i can sleep without it is if i'm with my boyfriend...
Reply 7
I'm nearly eighteen and I have a bed full of teddies.
Reply 8
I was given a teddy bear when I was 16 :laugh:
Reply 9
My ex-boyfriend gave me a teddy, loads of people still have them!
-kit-kat-
does anyone else?

I'm 20 and I HAVE to sleep with my teddy "Bongo" whom I've not spent a night away from since I got him when I was a young child. It's not (and never will be) at the point where I carry him round or sit stroking him, he just sits on my bed all day and by my pillow at night. It's not a crazy obsession or necessarily for comfort, just that I'm sentimental and he's travelled the world with me, heard my secrets and been there when I was ill when I was younger. I'm aware "he" is a stuffed toy and I'm under no illusions that he's real or that I'll keep him forever, but until I stop being so soppy, he'll always be around.

I'd say you're pretty normal, just don't let it get to crazy extremes... :yep:
I'm 20 and have a teddy!!
I cant sleep without it, but its not the sentiment of the teddy, i just cant seem to get comfy without something to cuddle. any bear would suffice!
I used to have a dolly, but it was really creepy, so i got a bear instead which isnt as weird ha.
Once i didnt take it when i went away and i couldnt sleep, so i tied my pashmina into a ball to cuddle. I think i just need something to cuddle as i've had it for as long as i can remember.

I used to keep my old bear at my boyfriends, and he got me one to keep with me at uni, and then when we're about to go to sleep i'll cuddle it ha, he used to say 'why cant you just cuddle me', but he isnt small and fluffy and doesnt fit under my chin, but he never minded or took the mick!
Reply 12
Nothing wrong with that, I'm 18 and have teddies and stuffed toys from when I was younger. I don't play with them or anything :p: they just sit in my room. Even have some penguin plush toys and a wall-e one next to my bed which friends gave me last year :biggrin:
So?

I'm 22 and I still sleep with 2 soft ducks. And one of them is called Little Yellow Ducky Wucky.

They're awesome.

Spoiler

I can't sleep without cuddling something, so my teddy is still in residence!
Reply 15
AccioJellyBean
I'm 18 and can't sleep without the duvet cover that was on my bed when I was 7. I've had countless new duvet covers since there but I always keep this one separate. I sleep with it every single night and I take it to sleepovers and on school trips. All my friends know about it :biggrin: I do what you do, I stroke it as like a comforter when I'm drifting off to sleep. And if I'm homesick I put it over my pillow so that I can smell it because it's familiar. Nowt to be ashamed of at all, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything!

its not that im embarrased, the problem is that i ALWAYS have to have it...like im kind of addicted to it :p: i need to stop but dont know how
Reply 16
OceanInTheSky
So?

I'm 22 and I still sleep with 2 soft ducks. And one of them is called Little Yellow Ducky Wucky.

They're awesome.

LOL :biggrin:
-kit-kat-
its not that im embarrased, the problem is that i ALWAYS have to have it...like im kind of addicted to it :p: i need to stop but dont know how

If it got to the point when you HAD to have it at school and out with your friends then I'd be worried. But if it's just something you like to have there with you at home then I don't think you need to stress over it (:
I still TALK to my teddy.
And between you and me, he listens!
So? I'm 22 and still have a teddy that I've had since i was about 2. I have several teddies on and around my bed.

Latest