The Student Room Group

What happens if I miss an A level exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Harrow.7
Any reply? What happens if you miss your AS exam?

You dragged up a 3 year old thread...

And you get the grade 'X' If you wanted to know.
Reply 21
Original post by Harrow.7
Any reply? What happens if you miss your AS exam?

This is a very old thread, but if you need to know the answer:

You get an X in that exam.
Your AS grade is calculated only on the unit(s) you have taken so you are likely to get a low grade. (e.g. Politics with AQA which has2 equally weighted units, each with a max UMS of 100. You take GOVP1 and get 88, you miss GOVP2 and get an X. Your AS grade will be an E with 88/200 UMS.

If there are good reasons for missing the exam (e.g. having an emergency appendectomy that afternoon) then there are ways round this - talk to the exams officer. If there isn't a good reason for missing it then you can avoid the low overall grade by withdrawing the AS cash-in BEFORE the results come out - again, talk to the exams officer. However, your school may not allow you to do this for funding reasons.
Reply 22
Original post by Data
This is a very old thread, but if you need to know the answer:

You get an X in that exam.
Your AS grade is calculated only on the unit(s) you have taken so you are likely to get a low grade. (e.g. Politics with AQA which has2 equally weighted units, each with a max UMS of 100. You take GOVP1 and get 88, you miss GOVP2 and get an X. Your AS grade will be an E with 88/200 UMS.

If there are good reasons for missing the exam (e.g. having an emergency appendectomy that afternoon) then there are ways round this - talk to the exams officer. If there isn't a good reason for missing it then you can avoid the low overall grade by withdrawing the AS cash-in BEFORE the results come out - again, talk to the exams officer. However, your school may not allow you to do this for funding reasons.

say if I need to miss an AS exam (because I have already passed <im a retake) what excuse shall I make? what shall I say to my school?
Reply 23
heh, I missed my general studies exam cause I was too lazy. Bring on the U.
What happened? What grade did you get and was it on your ucas application? Did they inform your unis?
I've just got my exam timetable for my AS Levels and I didn't even know I had signed up for general studies, it's now 8 days before the exam and I can't make it because of other commitments. How will this reflect? Do I even have to declare it on ucas?

Quick Reply

Latest