The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ucl!
Reply 21
Exeter :smile:
Other: Kent

The BEST university in my opinion :wink:. So should have been on the list!
Reply 23
UEA :sexface:
Reply 24
caroline147
Yeah, I'd figured that out but why not the Guardian's league table or the Sunday Times' one? They'd produce quite different pairings. League tables are really arbitrary, especially if the OP's going to pick one at random. I don't know, I just don't see how that poll is going to tell the OP anything, there could have been much more informative ways of setting it up :dontknow:

Yeah, I didn't really rely on league tables too much when I made my university choices, but The Times does seem to be the one that's most referred to. The Times says that King's has been 10th, 11th and 12th in the UK for the past three years, but the Guardian has put it as low as 24th. It all very subjective.

Maybe the OP wanted to see how many people on TSR were going to a 'top 30' university compared to those who weren't. Otherwise, it doesn't really show that much.
Reply 25
RahRah09
Exeter :smile:

Did you pick the username before are after deciding the university?:p:

OP: I don't get the pairings either. Imperial/St Andrews :lolwut:

For what it's worth I'm going to Warwick - grades permitting:rolleyes: And don't go by league tables, they're crap.
Reply 26
Other: Glasgow Caledonian or RGU. :biggrin:
Keele :smile:
KCL fingers crossed :eek3:
University of Strathclyde :biggrin:
Anyone else going to Strathy/Glasgow unis then?
Reply 30
Bath uni the proper one not the **** one. i hate it when people ask what uni u going to and i say bath and they presume im going to bath spa for the dumabasses. im going to the proper uni. just had to get that of my chest
Reply 31
miml
Did you pick the username before are after deciding the university?:p:

:facepalm:

I swear on my life that I'll never wear Jack Wills.

Have fun in the bubble :rolleyes:
Can't I select two options?

Went to Manchester, going to Newcastle
Leeds plz? :ahee:
jamesclark95
I don't want the poll to tell me anything after, I'm just wondering who's going where. :biggrin:

Haha, well, in that case: LSE for me, hopefully :heart:

MDEH8176
Yeah, I didn't really rely on league tables too much when I made my university choices, but The Times does seem to be the one that's most referred to. The Times says that King's has been 10th, 11th and 12th in the UK for the past three years, but the Guardian has put it as low as 24th. It all very subjective.

Maybe the OP wanted to see how many people on TSR were going to a 'top 30' university compared to those who weren't. Otherwise, it doesn't really show that much.

I think everyone prefers the league table that shows their uni in the best light, hahaha. I really dislike the Times' one because they only have LSE (my firm) as 7th, whereas the Guardian has it as 5th & the Complete University Guide has it as 4th :p: :ninja: Just shows how crap league tables are.

I suppose the poll is useful for seeing the top 30 thing though, and it's a nice thread anyway :h:
Aberdeen.
Reply 36
hussain101
Bath uni the proper one not the **** one. i hate it when people ask what uni u going to and i say bath and they presume im going to bath spa for the dumabasses. im going to the proper uni. just had to get that of my chest

Lower unis aren't always for idiots, some people just match the course to the uni like i did :smile:
St Andrews.
Sheffield :smile:
Reply 39
Bucks New Uni or Edge Hill :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending