The Student Room Group

Question for students at Bucks New University

Hello everyone,

This is a bit of a long shot but it is worth a try. I will be attending Buckinghamshire New University in September to study Animation. I have just applied for my accommodation and was wondering about the internet that is provided in the accommodation specifically in the "Hughenden Park Student Village"

What is it like and how severe is the block/firewall allowing you to go on certain websites and access certain services such as Steam, IRC, MSN, Ventrillo etc?

Also any other info on Bucks would be great.

Thanks in advanced :smile:
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
The speed of the internet around this area (High Wycombe) is generally awful however I can't comment on the specific speed or firewall at the University.

I'm also afraid to tell you that life as a student in High Wycombe won't quite be what you may be looking forward to/expecting as a student; this area is very consumer orientated and there are about 2 night clubs both of which are awful. The bus services are very infrequent and the fares are over priced.

If I were to give one positive statement about High Wycombe, it's that the train service is only about 40 minutes away from Marylebone.

Latest

Trending

Trending