The Student Room Group

remark

I didnt get into my firm or insurance they both wanted ABB and I got BBB. iIm gettin 2 of my sociology papers remarked as I was 5 marks of an A overall. If my remark comes back and my grades has gone up that wud mean I would have met my offer for both unis. what are the chances of one of the unis letting me in cos I kno the course was full thats why they could let me in with lower grades in the first place?

becca
xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
becca__boo
I didnt get into my firm or insurance they both wanted ABB and I got BBB. iIm gettin 2 of my sociology papers remarked as I was 5 marks of an A overall. If my remark comes back and my grades has gone up that wud mean I would have met my offer for both unis. what are the chances of one of the unis letting me in cos I kno the course was full thats why they could let me in with lower grades in the first place?

becca
xxx

If you get the grades by 31st August they have to let you in. after that it's completely upto them

lou xxx
Reply 2
lou p
If you get the grades by 31st August they have to let you in. after that it's completely upto them

lou xxx

ok ive gone for a priority remark but i only sorted it out last thursday so there is no way it will be done by wednesday!
its not a bad idea to go into clearing just in case the remark doesnt bring good news
Reply 4
i got mine done on the 19th. hopefuly should get it back in a few days. Do most remarks go up?
Apparently most grades stay the same. :frown:

I only need 1 more raw mark for an A though in biology, hope they can find me one!
Reply 6
yeah, according to AQA, less that 1% of results change.
Unless you have Edexcel, they're just crap markers...
chriswhit

They say that less than 1% of grades change. Surely a higher % get their marks changed, but just don't go up or down a grade?
Reply 9
i think they just say that so that it looks like they have a good reputation. their not exactly going to put we mark alot of papers wrong.
chriswhit

Well my Psychology paper (AQA) went up from 79/105 to 86/105.. and I didn't even think I'd done that badly on it.
kevins
i think they just say that so that it looks like they have a good reputation. their not exactly going to put we mark alot of papers wrong.

Haha, good point actually! Plus it puts people off requesting remarks so their lazy-ass staff who don't do their jobs properly don't have to do any more work.
My friend went from 8/120 in a module to 81/120 (Edexcel!), and Durham let him in after initially rejecting him. He had to go to a different college though. They said that they might only be able to offer him deferred entry even if his grades did change at one point, but it's sorted now :smile:
What subject? *nosey*
Reply 14
-Sian-
They say that less than 1% of grades change. Surely a higher % get their marks changed, but just don't go up or down a grade?

spent about half an hr looking for figures etc but couldnt find them!!
I've spent too much time looking up stupid remark stats! :redface: I'm currently using Google to search for biology remark success stories *lol* I only want one more mark, the evil buggers!
Reply 16
Tonight Matthew
Well my Psychology paper (AQA) went up from 79/105 to 86/105.. and I didn't even think I'd done that badly on it.

Could you tell me how long did you get your remark back?thanks
Reply 17
lol im waitng for my bio remark to come back for AQA. have you heard of any bio sucess stories then?
No...but then no failures either. :smile: I have just searched TSR and found someone had a science module go up 2 UMS last year. Hope that happens to me!
Reply 19
when did you send yours off, i sent mine off on the 19th for a priority remark. hopefuly should get it back this week

Latest

Trending

Trending