The Student Room Group

Has your boyfriend ever cried for/over/in front of you?

Last night for the first time in a VERY long time (~6 hours) I cried...in front of my girlfriend because we were having an argument and she started crying and then it seemed as if we were about to break up so then I started to cry.

At the time obviously I didn't care how it came across it was just in the moment, but this today I keep thinking back and feel so embarassed and regret crying in front of her. I've always been the one that's composed and stayed strong during the bad times so I'm always the shoulder for her to cry on, never the other way around and it felt really unusual and weird.

I guess I also didn't like being so emotionally vulnerable and hostile, almost as if it was a moment of weakness. I'm not the type of guy that keeps a macho male bravado but I just never give in to my emotions and I haven't cried for anything, in front of anybody in the last 6-7 years!

So my question to the girls is, has your boyfriend ever cried in front of you? what was the reason? do you find it acceptable for him to or does it put you off if he's this emotionally expressive? Some girls love the idea of their boyfriends openly letting everything out to them, trusting them with the emotions they wouldn't show anybody else...but others can find it pathetic and think the guy's just weak.

Scroll to see replies

Keep anon as I think he might use this...

But yea, he's cried infront of me before. It was during an argument when, like you, we nearly broke up. But instead of me crying, he started too! It was quite weird to see as I've never seen him cry before, but he's seen me cry before. Looking back on it, I don't see a problem with him crying. He's only human afterall.
if i ever cried infront of a girl over her i would have no choice but to kill her afterwards
Its normal for boys to cry. Personally however much my other half has peed me off and we argue to the point where im like "its over" when he gets emotional .. it makes me feel different completely and I love him again haha.
Reply 5
yeahhh he has...
but then again, we are gay, so i doubt we screamm masculinity anyway ;P
Yes. It was a bit scary tbh. In certain situations like a death I understand...but when your openly crying FOR someone INFRONT of them, well it makes it hard for that person to respect you. Yes, they pity you, but don't respect...
Reply 7

Lmao!

But op, I honestly "awwwwd" lol that's sweet! Although .. I would also be thinking "Man Up!" but ahhh :console:
Reply 8
Well if you guys are still together then its not THAT bad.
be comfortable with your emotions man.
Reply 9
Anonymous
Some girls love the idea of their boyfriends openly letting everything out to them, trusting them with the emotions they wouldn't show anybody else.

This is me.

Also I think it would be a million times more pathetic if you let yourself be influenced by the whole 'men dont cry' ******** that society seems to spoonfeed you.
You're human, you get sad, you cry. It would be kinda creepy if you didn't.
Please don't worry, and don't change anything about yourself cause you want to be 'tough and manly'. That would just be ridiculous.
In year 10, me and this guy liked each other a lot. Someone told him that I liked someone else more (it was a lame rumour) and he started crying.

I haven't spoken to him since.

What a wuss. Seriously.
Yes, mine has, when I was on the verge of breaking up with him. It worked though - I felt awful and decided to give us another shot. 4 years later I'm still with him, and couldn't be happier. Guys cry sometimes, it's no issue...
Yes, my boyfriend has cried in front of me before, when he did, I told him to man up and punched him in the face, then I had sexy time with him (of which he cried again, non-consensual?).
(BTW I'm not gay, never had a boyfriend and I just made all that up because I'm sh** bored.)

Alex
I cried in-front of my girlfriend once. Not full on tears, but just slightly. Very embarrassing.
my ex cried in front of me once... when we broke up for good. when i had to end it.
he NEVER cries and never talks about his feelings.
he's 28 and the sort of guy that girls want to be seen with and guys want to be like... NOT into his emotions, his life's too fast and eventful for crying over girls.
But yeah he cried and it broke my ******* heart to pieces.

It's okay to cry even if you never do. Just means you're still alive.
Reply 15
once. when he was going to uni and saying bye to me.
i thought it was adorable :smile:
Reply 16
The only time i cried was when we broke up after a year, but i think under those circumstances its pretty normal; it was my first relationship anyways so there is lots to learn from it.
Reply 17
Metropolis
if i ever cried infront of a girl over her i would have no choice but to kill her afterwards

I agree lol.
Wise choice :smile:
Reply 18
dam.p
This is me.

Also I think it would be a million times more pathetic if you let yourself be influenced by the whole 'men dont cry' ******** that society seems to spoonfeed you.
You're human, you get sad, you cry. It would be kinda creepy if you didn't.
Please don't worry, and don't change anything about yourself cause you want to be 'tough and manly'. That would just be ridiculous.

You would like to think so, but some girls take advantage of that.
Reply 19
AirBallon
You would like to think so, but some girls take advantage of that.

how would they take advantage of their boyfriends crying? :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending