The Student Room Group

Provisional Loan assessmrnt

I just got my assessment from the student loans company thsi weekend, and despite only applying for non-means tested loan, I seem to be entitled to 3500.......(not that I'm complaining, but I was only expecting about 1500). It also says that I have to pay my tuition fees which I know isn't true as I'm doing physio and the tutition is paid by the NHS.

The accompanying letter says that they require more information and will write to me again when they ave made their final decision.........is this all because I still haven't heard from the NHS Bursary people about how much I am getting? I'm assuming that once they have contacted my LEA they will then tell me my tuition is free.............also, will my total loan be 3500 minus the amount I get from my bursary?

How long till they may a final decision?

I really hope that the reason it says I'm having to pay tuition is because they haven't heard from the NHS - i think I might have a heart attack if I have to pay them because I can't afford it........
Lots of questions!
Reply 1
I got a provisional as well - it will become final when you provide the extra information needed for their assessment - in my case regarding my father.

they should have sent you another letter saying why its provisional - unless it is waiting on the nhs for some info..
Reply 2
indiekitten
I got a provisional as well - it will become final when you provide the extra information needed for their assessment - in my case regarding my father.

they should have sent you another letter saying why its provisional - unless it is waiting on the nhs for some info..

there was no letter - unless they've sent it seperately in which case it might arrive tomorrow. The person I spoke to at Student Loans company said to contact my LEA as the calculation is down to them, so I'll od that tomorro.

Latest

Trending

Trending