The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Helloo everyone, my first post!
This thread is really useful so far!

Been revising abortion today, anyone know how were meant to fit in/refer to J J Thompson's pro-choice violinist analogy? In the ethics paper...

If anyone's willing to share some revision notes I'd looove them, just to check if I've got all the points I need etc.
My exam timetable for the week 7th - 11th june

June 7: Philisophy AS
June 7: Ethics AS
June 10: Law 2
June 11: Philosophy A2
June 11: Ethics A2

*feels distressed and unprepeared* :frown:

Seriously, too much Philosophy and Ethics is bad for the brain :tongue:
Reply 22
Simplyobsessed
My exam timetable for the week 7th - 11th june

June 7: Philisophy AS
June 7: Ethics AS
June 10: Law 2
June 11: Philosophy A2
June 11: Ethics A2

*feels distressed and unprepeared* :frown:

Seriously, too much Philosophy and Ethics is bad for the brain :tongue:

That timetable is just evil.
So reading over this again it seems literally ALL the topics have come up reccently.. the b) parts seem reaaally hard! arghh.

im dreading this exam now!
Do you think we can safely predict any topics then? Or not really... not much time left to revise EVERYTHING now!!

GOOD LUCK in advance, fingers crossed the questions are what we want them to be on...
Reply 24
I'm thinking ontological, problem of evil, platos forms, god as good, kant possibly, maybe just war and fertility treatment

The first and last two are what my teachers reckon
Reply 25
senator88
ohhh i hate the ontological argument! :frown: anyone have any tips on how to revise for this subject? theres just soooo much stuff...

hey the ontological argument is one the easiest i would say so far thats all i have done !

to revise u should write model essays on the topic so for example write an essay on explain anselms ontological argument
Explain the challenges by gaunilo and kant to the ontological argument

Explain Descartes ontological argument

and that way you will be sorted for this argument so for example if u get explain decartes ontological argument with kants criticisms.

well i hope this helps !
this is the only topic i have revised so far im screwed aaaarrggghhhh

but yh this is my plan forward !
Reply 26
i just e-mailed my teacher and she said that ontological is very likely and the comologial argument as well !

Aristotle along with the goodness of god are very likely

hope this helps !
Hey,
I'm taking this on Monday =( I'd say probably Aristotle as it's only been on one of 4 papers (including the specimen). That's the only one I'm guessing at though.

Also, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm so confused about the problem of evil/Phillips' response to Irenaeus' theodicy. Can anyone explain it? All I know is that he's saying that evil and suffering do not demonstrate love from an omnibenevolent God, but I haven't got much about him, and he's not in the textbook.

And if anyone can help me with what to include in an answer to 'Explain what Aristotle meant by Final Cause' then I'd be very appreciative.
I have an answer including the explanation of Final cause and how it relates to the prime mover, but I haven't written much. Am I missing something or is there really not that much to write?

Thank you =)
Reply 28
It seems there is 1 question on Philosopher God, Christian God, Arguments for God and 1 on Arguments against God.

And my teacher reckons
Aristotle (Plato has been too often, and Aristotle only once)
Goodness of god (likely, again no papers)
Ontological defiantly (its been in none of he 4 papers)
Augustine (likely, again no papers)

hope this helps
Just a note (I'm doing A2 now);
Ontol is the only argument for the existance of God that I could have got an A on.. I'm gonna cry if you guys are lucky enough to get it!! I've taken this exam twice (this time last year and in Jan) and both times I've finished with an E.
Plato will come up, he always does. I'm 95% positive on that one. And NL has come up in both papers I've done.. so I would put that down to 75% sure it won't come up.
Other than that, I would suspect Onto does and possibly Aristotle and Teleo. Ethics.. maybe abortion, Kant is likely also; examiners love him!

Good luck all of you :smile:
hiii, is it possible if anyone could sum up the flying spagetti monster in one paragraph? as in exam type paragraph, all that i would need really :smile: i dont understand my teachers notes! thanks in advance if anyone can xx
Reply 31
I'm really worried about this exam! i have Psychology in the afternoon - i did a mock with both of these before, and failed both! Anyone got any tips of how to go about answering the questions?
Reply 32
im soo scared for ethics. i havent even started. philsophy was soo much more easier!!what do you predict will come up?
Reply 33
senator88
hiii, is it possible if anyone could sum up the flying spagetti monster in one paragraph? as in exam type paragraph, all that i would need really :smile: i dont understand my teachers notes! thanks in advance if anyone can xx

a) not real religion
b) It's not on the OCR spec, I highly doubt it's on any others
Do you think we can predict vaguely what topics the Ethics paper will have???

GOOD LUCK everyone! it's so soon now :frown:
simon180
It seems there is 1 question on Philosopher God, Christian God, Arguments for God and 1 on Arguments against God.

And my teacher reckons
Aristotle (Plato has been too often, and Aristotle only once)
Goodness of god (likely, again no papers)
Ontological defiantly (its been in none of he 4 papers)
Augustine (likely, again no papers)

hope this helps

That's exactly what i think will come up... because i am a geek and made a tally of all the question that have appeared :o:
So the chances of a question on the moral argument will be low i hope?
Reply 37
Ethics guesses please?
Reply 38
adderz
Ethics guesses please?

Kant with euthanasia or abortion,
Utilitarianism with genetic engineering or euthanasia or abortion
Natural Law with euthanasia or abortion

Natural Law came up with embryo research in Jan, war and peace came up with utilitarianism, doubt this topic will come up again but could be a part B question.
Reply 39
Hi, I'm taking my philosophy and ethics exam tomorrow too... currently revising ethics, which I find so much harder than philosophy. Especially since my school does philosophy and ethics as an enrichment AS level so we only get 2 lessons a week, 1 full lesson and 1 lunchtime and I've missed quite a few of the ethics lessons.
I've made a list of the things that we've covered but I'm a bit concerned that I might not have covered everything :s-smilie:, can anyone help me out?
I've got:
Natural law
Utilitarianism
Kantian ethics
Situation ethics
Christian ethics
War ethics
Euthanasia
Human cloning

I don't think we've covered anything else... but I have stuff like animal rights and justice and punishment in my book that I'm pretty sure we haven't covered... I don't know if I need to know this stuff or not :s-smilie:?

Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending