I'm gonna miss out:

Philosophy:
- God as creator
- Goodness of God
- Science and Religion

Ethics
- Religious Ethics
- War and Peace

Do you guys reckon i'll be able to get away with it?

I reckon so, or I HOPE so because I've missed out the same Philosophy
topics, plus the moral arg. - also hardly know cosmological either.
Then for Ethics I've skipped out the same, and also hardly covered Euthanasia. As well as virtue ethics.
Basically I'm screwed! :frown:

Bring on the re-takes... :/
Reply 61
Virtue Ethics is A2
MaddyGee
How strange, we're skipping exactly the same ethics topics :biggrin:
We'll both either do well tomorrow or both fail!

Intresting that we're both re-sitting, and both skipping the same topics. Those two topics must be really **** :biggrin:
Reply 63
How the hell can you scrape 25 marks on 'Explain Anselm's ontological argument'??

All I can think of doing is giving the actual argument itself, explain why this 'proves' the existance of God, and that's it.

I have Philosophy and Ethics in the morning, psychology in the afternoon and then biology the next morning. I am so screwed I've never failed any exam :frown:
RobertWhite
How the hell can you scrape 25 marks on 'Explain Anselm's ontological argument'??

All I can think of doing is giving the actual argument itself, explain why this 'proves' the existance of God, and that's it.

I have Philosophy and Ethics in the morning, psychology in the afternoon and then biology the next morning. I am so screwed I've never failed any exam :frown:

im screwed too :frown: ive only got philosophy and ethics tomorrow then the rest during the week, but it is by far my most difficuilt subject, i dont know anything and wish i hadnt left revision until well... tonight! i hate failure aswell haha :frown: good luck anyway!
Reply 65
Do you reckon the Irenaeun theodicy will come up? I've just learnt Augustine, cause there was a question on Irenaeus in the last paper I think? Ahhh I'm freaking out about this exam :s-smilie:
Reply 66
mytsrusername
I reckon so, or I HOPE so because I've missed out the same Philosophy
topics, plus the moral arg. - also hardly know cosmological either.
Then for Ethics I've skipped out the same, and also hardly covered Euthanasia. As well as virtue ethics.
Basically I'm screwed! :frown:

Bring on the re-takes... :/

Also I've done exactly the same thing, those topics are horrible!
Reply 67
Not sure, they're both quite similar really. I hope I get a really wide question like 'Explain the ontological argument and different views on it'.

:/
RobertWhite

I have this too. Ugh, I have not done nearly enough revision for any of them. But I would love a question on Anselm's Ontological Arg. I imagine for 25 marks they would include something like '......and Gaunilo's objections to it'.
Reply 69
MaddyGee
I hear you friend :frown:
I'm doing a retake so I'm even more stressed. Last year I got an A for Phil but a C for Ethics so I'm retaking Ethics and..... I do not understand it!!

War and Peace better not come up.

Exact same position as you, got an A in Phil except I got a low B in ethics, I better get more than 90 in Ethics tomorrow, that means I only need to scrape a B or get a C on both exams on fri

I'm leaving out war and peace too! Hate that topic.
Reply 70
Do we have to answer two question for Ethics and then two for philosophy, making up 3 hours worth?
Reply 71
I've got one little question.... and would be most thankful for any responses.
It's a little subset of Kantian Ethics- How did he reject consequentialism?
If Ontological comes up (i think it will) i don't think it will be Anselm, More likely to be Descarte
Reply 73
Simplyobsessed
If Ontological comes up (i think it will) i don't think it will be Anselm, More likely to be Descarte

I doubt it would give a question on Descartes opinion on the ontological argument alone when Anselm was the one who developed it. I couldn't get near 25 marks with a question that stated 'Explain Descartes' view on the ontological argument'.
RobertWhite
Do we have to answer two question for Ethics and then two for philosophy, making up 3 hours worth?

They are two seperate exams, Both of 90 minutes duration. It could be either exam first.

Ethics: 4 questions, have to answer 2.
Philosophy: Same as ethics
RobertWhite
I doubt it would give a question on Descartes opinion on the ontological argument alone when Anselm was the one who developed it. I couldn't get near 25 marks with a question that stated 'Explain Descartes' view on the ontological argument'.

In Jan there was a question on Mill's input to the teleological.. so they may do so..
Reply 76
Simplyobsessed
They are two seperate exams, Both of 90 minutes duration. It could be either exam first.

Ethics: 4 questions, have to answer 2.
Philosophy: Same as ethics

senator88
this is a stupid question, im doing my exam tomorrow, so am i ocr or aqa?

well OCR is tomorrow but AQA might be aswell, i don't know. Go on the AQA website to see them exam calendar...
It's very disconcerting that you don't know the spec or board you're doing, how do you know what to revise? Also, it's written all over the textbooks which board they are specifically written for. If you don't know because you haven't been told then i'd hav a major go at the teachers if I were you. However if it's you being slack then you deserve everything that's coming to you...
Reply 78
Pepsimax93
I've got one little question.... and would be most thankful for any responses.
It's a little subset of Kantian Ethics- How did he reject consequentialism?

I suppose consequentalism, as it is based on the outcome, does not see humans as having intrinsic worth.
Kant says humans should be treated as an end and not as a means to an end, consequentalism would not consider this and it is irrelevant to them. If an act keeps the majority happy, then it is good. It doesn't take into account the minority.
For example, an innocent man could be unjustly accused of rape because it maximises happiness for the community and avoids riots. Not such a good example, but hope it helped.
Reply 79
ShabzM
I suppose consequentalism, as it is based on the outcome, does not see humans as having intrinsic worth.
Kant says humans should be treated as an end and not as a means to an end, consequentalism would not consider this and it is irrelevant to them. If an act keeps the majority happy, then it is good. It doesn't take into account the minority.
For example, an innocent man could be unjustly accused of rape because it maximises happiness for the community and avoids riots. Not such a good example, but hope it helped.

Thank you ;]

Latest

Trending

Trending