The Student Room Group

Interesting case of resits

I was just wondering if you think that Universities will see this as doing maths over 3 years:
BAsically in year 11 i did one maths module (C1) during my GCSE's, i dont really know why i did it when we only had 10 lessons and i did no revision (due to GCSE's) well i got an E anyway....

Now this year (12) I DID MY c1 again with the class as normal and got an A.

i was wondering if this counts as doing the course over 3 years??
Reply 1
I very much doubt that it would tbh.

But I'm not an addmissions tutor lol

So I'd check with the med schools you want to apply for to be sure :smile:
ahhhhh......under normal and truthful conditions YES it will but just dont show it on your ucas form....or u can tell unis it was just an experiment and it was part of my GCSE's...
Reply 3
Chris Pendleton
I was just wondering if you think that Universities will see this as doing maths over 3 years:
BAsically in year 11 i did one maths module (C1) during my GCSE's, i dont really know why i did it when we only had 10 lessons and i did no revision (due to GCSE's) well i got an E anyway....

Now this year (12) I DID MY c1 again with the class as normal and got an A.

i was wondering if this counts as doing the course over 3 years??

You have to declare the grade and every sitting of a unit:

Heres the quote from UCAS:

"For each school and college, you provide details of:

* all qualifications for which you have accepted certification from an awarding organisation, even if you are retaking all or part of the qualification
* all qualifications for which you are currently studying or for which you are awaiting results.

All qualifications must be entered, even if you received an unsuccessful grade, if you are still waiting to take the final exams or if you are waiting for the results.

If you are resitting a qualification you need to enter it twice: once as a completed qualification with the grade achieved and once as a qualification with the result 'Pending'."

So I would assume based on this you would have to put it both the first and second sitting, and as you have to provide a date, they would know you sat it in y11. Considering neither of yours would be pending, I don't know if it would make a difference, but I would still think you'd have to put it twice.
Reply 4
I did that, (and didn't even think of it potentially being three years at the time) and nowhere I applied appeared to bat an eyelid.

May have been worth checking though with hindsight.

Latest