The Student Room Group

What are the BEST SMALL FESTIVALS in the uk?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
eeriikaa
Offset Festival, this year will be the third year it's been on and weekend camping tickets are pretty cheap, imo (and I love it as it's sooo close to where I live, haha). Not sure if you're into that kinda music though.. I went the first year it happened and much preferred the lineup then compared to who's playing this year, but I'd still go as it's a laugh.

I went there last year, it was pretty awesome. I met Faris from the Horrors but didn't get to see their whole set because bands were running late and I had to get home.

I plan on going to Underage and Shoreditch 1234 festival this year.
Kendal calling!! I might be going this year, british sea power are playing :biggrin:
Reply 22
Splendour Festival, Nottingham. Okay it's a one day festival but few decent acts, in a nice area, only costs £15 with a city card or £30 without. Acts include Pet Shop Boys headlining, Calvin Harris, Noisettes, Jet. Admitedly there is a lot of ****** bands there but it's not a big festival, just a good day out and I can't wait as the Pet Shop Boys are my favourite band. :smile:
Reply 23
Slicksomnia
I think they're all pretty dear.. I was looking at some smaller ones as well... In the end just settled for Bestival

I heard Secret Garden Party is the best out of the small festivals but that's still £100 or more..

Sorry I couldn't be more help..

I've not been to Bestival, but I've heard it's brilliant. They also have Camp Bestival which is for families, supposed to be the best family festival in UK
Evolution - Newcastle/Gateshead Quayside. Was last Sunday and Monday.

2 Days, 3 Stages, Calvin Harris, Paolo Nutini, Enter Shikari, Delphic, Tinchy Stryder, Hadouken, Example, Ellie Goulding. Not bad.
standon calling and truck are looking spectacular this year, and end of the road is going to kill. festival season is EXPENSIVE this year.

standon calling
truck
latitude
end of the road
green man
bowlie 2
nightmare godspeed

-wince-
Reply 26
Hop Farm festival, Kent. I can't wait. :biggrin:
Reply 27
Glastonbudget
chrisrai
Glastonbudget

I went about 3 years ago to that. It was epic.

Bootleg Beatles = awesome.
pinkpenguin
I went about 3 years ago to that. It was epic.

Bootleg Beatles = awesome.

:biggrin:

Seen a few tribute acts in times gone by - No Way Sis back in 1997 were probably the best of the bunch.
Reply 30
Latitude
Reply 31
A Lesson to Learn..
Creamfields

Creamfield is definately a big festival, but it's good if you like dance music, and your in safe hands if you get ill :P.

The Small festival I'd suggest is Jersey Live, went two years ago, it was awesome (problem is you can't camp on site, but you can go both days)
Reply 32
jumpingjesusholycow
HEVY Music Festival in Folkestone, Kent.

Yessss. Gutted I'm away :frown: 2000 Trees always has quite a good line-up :smile:
Reply 33
Doune the Rabbit Hole-
Brand new teeny tiny festival- should be fun (with button tickets!)
http://www.dounetherabbithole.co.uk/Doune_the_Rabbit_Hole/Home.html

or Knockengourrock, also in Scotland, is a magical hippy-fest with birch sap wine and bare feet. Lovely!
Reply 34
shoreditch 1234, field day, camden crawl (gone) and if you're 18 or under, underage festival!!!

buy tickets for underage here
http://www.fatsoma.com/tickets/underage-festival/victoria-park/london/e27657?r=1681297197
Reply 35
Ice_Queen

^^ This :yep: ^^

It's three days and free :biggrin:
You'd have to find accommodation mind, but there's a travel lodge in the City Centre which would be pretty cheap :smile:
Reply 37
fyi latitude goers:

belle and sebastian's set is going to be with the london contemporary orchestra.

yes, that's right, the headliners of the summer are doing an amazing special show. if you see the xx instead you're a FOOL goddamnit.
Never been to one before so I was looking for a fairly cheap, local one to go to. Anyone have any thoughts on Chagstock? Headliners the Hoosiers (who I love :biggrin: ), also playing is Seth Lakeman and Adrian Edmunson. Tickets are £55 for both days plus camping over night.

Quick Reply

Latest