The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
studyuk
hallo friends ,i am international student joining reading in oct for msc construction management course and confused abt accomodation can any one hlelp me to decide o staying in uni or london?and also if u could tell me abt the train fairs to travel reading frm london

If you can, I'd recommend staying at Rdg in either halls or houses as although not at al;l impossible to get from London to Reading, it can take some time and isn't going to be particularly cheap if you have to use the train etc each day for a year or more! Train fair is about £9 return to London Paddington and it takes about 30 mins! However its not just about cost its also about the social experiences that you will have if you live in Reading, however if it is in your best interest to stay in London then you can get to and from Reading each day but I wouldn't particularly recommend it!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
There are links from Reading to London Paddington and back literally 4 times an hour, but during rush hour trains get cancelled and urgh it can be a bit manic. Also you wouldn't be able to find affordable accomodation in Zone 1 so you'd need various tube tickets as well.
It would cost you A LOT to get back and forth - if you really have to stay in London (which is gonna cost a heck of a lot more anyway) then make sure you get a National Rail Student Card (costs £20, gives you 1/3 off travel)
Reply 3
well yah u r right,,and it is reli good advice thx,but as i am frm india and staying in uk first time so will reading be fine place to stay,like i am vegetarian and could i find everything thr and also if i stay in london which area should i leave to be close to reading
Reply 4
personally I think you should stay in Reading. Cheaper, and a lot less manic for you, expecially if this is your first time living away from your home country.

And, yes, I am sure it wont be hard to find vegetarian food - there are veggies in the UK too :biggrin:
Reply 5
well yah u r right paddy,i thk i will stay in reading

Latest