The Student Room Group

Studying in the USA?

Hiya, here are my questions.

How do i apply for a university in the USA?

What is needed for me to study in the USA?

How much would it cost to study in the USA?

What procedures do i need to go through to study in the USA?

Is there a website like UCAS to check points in the USA system? (See what my GCSE's and A levels are worth)

How different is American education to British education?

I want to do a psychology degree, however would it better to study my degree here and then go to the USA to do my masters?

Thanks for any answers
:smile:
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
There isn't a complete centralised system like UCAS. The closest thing is the CommonApplication. For a lot of unis, you'd have to submit the CommonApp and a supplement provided by the university itself. Some unis such as MIT do not use the CommonApp and have their own application procedures.
You'd also need to take SATs/ACTs because A-levels and GCSEs aren't sufficiently for US unis.
Cost is really, really, really, really expensive. Be prepared for figues US$50,000 a year. Undergraduate degrees take four years, compared three in the UK.
Look at the stickied threads in this subforum - they're very helpful. Also go on college confidential (US version of TSR) and Fulbright Commission website.
Reply 3
gyyy2807
There isn't a complete centralised system like UCAS. The closest thing is the CommonApplication. For a lot of unis, you'd have to submit the CommonApp and a supplement provided by the university itself. Some unis such as MIT do not use the CommonApp and have their own application procedures.
You'd also need to take SATs/ACTs because A-levels and GCSEs aren't sufficiently for US unis.
Cost is really, really, really, really expensive. Be prepared for figues US$50,000 a year. Undergraduate degrees take four years, compared three in the UK.
Look at the stickied threads in this subforum - they're very helpful. Also go on college confidential (US version of TSR) and Fulbright Commission website.

Thank you =]

Latest

Trending

Trending