The Student Room Group
I think its 50% at my uni (or there abouts), otherwise you may have to retake the year. Though a guy I knew had the option of taking coursework resits and exam resists and continue on to 2nd year. He chose to retake the year. What a waste.
instead of thinking like this, get to the revision you fool!!!, all that extra work!!!, how stupid!!!!
Reply 3
alboz88
Hi, im in my first year at uni and dont think im going to pass all my modules.

I just want to know how many am i allowed to not pass and retake in the summer. Thanks

Which university are you at? There is no universal rule that applies across all universities. Every university has its own rules and regulations, and there even might be changes between departments within the same university.

Usually universities are more lenient at first year, allowing students to fail up to 100% of modules (the exact number of modules/credits will vary) to resit later before progressing to the second year. Although without mitigating circumstances the result in the resit might be capped.

As it can vary so much, and as you clearly have concerns, it's best you discuss this with a tutor or someone in your department. They'll be able to provide clarification.
Reply 4
River85
Which university are you at? There is no universal rule that applies across all universities. Every university has its own rules and regulations, and there even might be changes between departments within the same university.

Usually universities are more lenient at first year, allowing students to fail up to 100% of modules (the exact number of modules/credits will vary) to resit later before progressing to the second year. Although without mitigating circumstances the result in the resit might be capped.

As it can vary so much, and as you clearly have concerns, it's best you discuss this with a tutor or someone in your department. They'll be able to provide clarification.

i thought you were allowed to retake 100% of your modules in the first year. I'm really worried now, because the way my uni works, basically there's one exam accounting for one module taken earlier in the term, and then the other 4 modules taken in summer (and you have to get over 50% overall in these 4 modules or have to retake all these 4 modules all together). Hence you could quite easily fail 100% of your modules :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending