The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know what was needed for 100 UMS in B3 in January?
Reply 41
Bungo
i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
Oscar

Could you send me the correct answers for B3 please? :biggrin:
Didn't think it was too bad!

I thought that the milk question about enzymes was brilliant - loads of marks to be gained and relatively easy :smile:

But those graphs were stupid.
forsaker
Pretty sure photosynthesis is endothermic so it should, hope we're right though

Yeah, Haha , I was worried for a moment there
Reply 44
matt_price93
Didn't think it was too bad!

I thought that the milk question about enzymes was brilliant - loads of marks to be gained and relatively easy :smile:

But those graphs were stupid.

Yeah, the function of bile in the liver part was standardsssssss.
Emulsify and neutralise.
Booya.
Reply 45
Bungo
i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
Oscar

Me too please, for both if possible
Reply 46
Biology 3 was very easy :biggrin: wrote like an essay for the last question about urine and kidney, even talked about Uroblin LOL :L
Reply 47
B3 for january 2009 AQA is on the site. i think it was about 32-33/ 45 not sure for A*
Reply 48
For the carbon cycle question i put D and B (might have messed up)
But every other question was fairly straightforward
Hopefully I could get 40+ so i can negate my ISA mark (32) and get an A*
Loads of ppl found the b2 paper really really difficult so hopefully the grade boundaries will dropp (I rely rely hope they doo!!)
I HATE SANKEY DIAGRAMS!

almost died when i saw it.. deffinatly got that wrong
Reply 51
ScarlettMelody
I HATE SANKEY DIAGRAMS!

almost died when i saw it.. deffinatly got that wrong

It put me off the whole exam.
:l
Not cool. :nn:
Reply 52
hi, as mentioned earlier i will have the b2 paper by this evening and i will post the questions and answers, i will have them by 6:30pm as i cannot get them any sooner as my dad has exams to invildulate this afternoon,
oscar
Reply 53
Found that pretty difficult... hardly anything about enzymes in industry and genetic disorders which I revised loads...
Anyone else put Chlorophyll as one of the carbon compounds? It's got 'C' in the formula so I'm guessing it's an accepted answer... put Protein as the other one, which kinda makes sense, but probably too vague.

Bungo
hi, as mentioned earlier i will have the b2 paper by this evening and i will post the questions and answers, i will have them by 6:30pm as i cannot get them any sooner as my dad has exams to invildulate this afternoon,
oscar

Thanks.
Bungo
Oscar

Hi, if you have the b3 answers, could you send them to me if you get a chance please? Thankyou :smile: x
Reply 55
Was anyone else pissed off when they spent hours revising genetic diagrams and punnet squares, only to find it had not even been MENTIONED.

That was pointless.
I found both units quite challenging (lots of random questions popping up everywhere), but I personally put down glucose and starch for the carbon compounds - since they have different structures I'm hoping both answers will be accepted. On the other hand, I really hated the question about biofuels - I haven't learnt about any enzymes being used but I guessed amylase... Could someone explain that to me please?
Reply 57
theharrovian
On the other hand, I really hated the question about biofuels - I haven't learnt about any enzymes being used but I guessed amylase... Could someone explain that to me please?

Are you talking about B3? I only took that paper but everyone said they got stumped on the question where you had to mention the name of the enzyme. I wrote carbohydrases.
starlust
Are you talking about B3? I only took that paper but everyone said they got stumped on the question where you had to mention the name of the enzyme. I wrote carbohydrases.

Yeah, I'm talking about B3 - amylase is a carbohydrase but I think it asked for a specific one - I only guessed amylase as it would break down the starch in the plant material into simple sugars for respiration...
Reply 59
theharrovian
Yeah, I'm talking about B3 - amylase is a carbohydrase but I think it asked for a specific one - I only guessed amylase as it would break down the starch in the plant material into simple sugars for respiration...

That sounds about right then cos i put down carbohydrase because it breaks down starch into glucose for the fuel. Hope we're both right!

Latest

Trending

Trending