The Student Room Group

I need to reply to an attendiance email - help!

I missed about four weeks of my elective module this term, its one lecture a week. I have to send a reply to the office or 'further action' will be taken.

I had reasons for missing the lectures, someone close to me died and I was feeling depressed and just generally found it hard to get out of bed in the morning. I have handed in all of my assignments for this module, so I dont really see the problem.

Basically, I just need help of what I'm supposed to say in this email. It will be put in my file so it has to sound formal. What is the term used for personal reasons? and will this be an acceptable reason to have not attended lectures??

Thanks for any replies x
Reply 1
Personal difficulties is acceptable - if you approach it properly.

I'd explain that you suffered the loss of a close friend and it affected you quite badly. Explain about the short-term depression and total lack of motivation.

Apologies for the difficulties it caused and explain that your current progress is good and that your assignments have been completed on time - and that you hope for their understanding through a difficult time.
Reply 2
Thankyou, you're reply was very helpful. I have sent my email so I hope it goes down okay.

Latest

Trending

Trending