The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ahh im soo pissed off, coz for the proportion question i put: 10% or 1:4... why the heck did i have to write in 1:4 soo i put the right answer, then wrote a wrong answerr. :frown:
Reply 21
jackkyt
i think they got the question about controlling body temperature wrong because it said what happens in the blood vessels when the core body temperature falls and they constrict and then the next question asked how does this relate to the graph which showed the temperature of the skin increasing when surely if the vessels constrict the skin would cool down?? anyone else find this?

Yeah, that's what I thought! I kept getting confused, because I thought that blood only went to the surface of the skin when it was trying to cool you down... so why would the skin temperature go up?

I thought it was maybe because the ice drink only tricks the body into thinking it's cold, but blood is still at the surface, but I'm still confused.
lil_kittie2
ahhh i put

carbohydrates and fats lol......

arghh grade boundaries need to be lowered!!!

That's what i put too!
Reply 23
jackkyt
i think they got the question about controlling body temperature wrong because it said what happens in the blood vessels when the core body temperature falls and they constrict and then the next question asked how does this relate to the graph which showed the temperature of the skin increasing when surely if the vessels constrict the skin would cool down?? anyone else find this?

This one had me stumped for ages! In the end I think I scribbled some crap about how decreased blood flow meant less heat was lost via radiation, therefore the temperature increased. Bizarre question though, as was the sweat gland one before it.

Latest

Trending

Trending