The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the Biology B2 Exam Today! [AQA]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TheatreLovely

What did people put for the very first question? I put 20, but loads of people at school put 36?

first question?
that was about starch being stored.....
if u mean the sankey diagram one.. then yeah i did 20 aswell :biggrin:
Contagious Chemistry <3
Sankey Diagrams? I was never taught about that...! :/ and had completely forgotten from the physics unit 1 to know what to do. :/ I found the paper extremely hard, and missed quite a lot of the questions out as i ran out of time, and felt quite ill during it and felt like i was going to pass out >.< so yeah. not a good day with unit 2 for me today!

i'm hoping i got all of the genetics questions right. Annoyed the tables weren't in it, about reccessive/dominant alleles. I could answer those! :P

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Was never taught sankey diagrames, that wasn't even in unit 2 science.. pfft...
I was also ready for a punnett square question, oh well.
Hopefully I managed to scrape a B.
The grade boundaries last time (jan 2010) was 31 for A, anyone have any idea what it could be this time around?
FullMetalX
Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Was never taught sankey diagrames, that wasn't even in unit 2 science.. pfft...
I was also ready for a punnett square question, oh well.
Hopefully I managed to scrape a B.
The grade boundaries last time (jan 2010) was 31 for A, anyone have any idea what it could be this time around?

31 for an A? Isn't that high? :s-smilie: Last past paper I did.. it went down to 24, i'm sure :s-smilie:
Contagious Chemistry <3
31 for an A? Isn't that high? :s-smilie: Last past paper I did.. it went down to 24, i'm sure :s-smilie:

Not really that high, 31/45 is 69%, that's usually a B in most other subjects. Lol, 24 for an A? What paper is this?
What did you put for thw lactose,lactase question?

What did you put for the milk question?

What diod you put for the " how do animals use respiration " question?

What did you put for the animals indoors questions?

What did you put for the last question all of it?

And last of all, what do you think the grade boiundaries will/shoudl be?
Reply 25
I Sat this exam =/. First thing I thought when i looked through the questions was THIS IS SO DIFFERENT TO PAST PAPERS. No Allele Questions Or Cystic Fibrosis/Huntingtons. Overall It was OK at best.
And the Ice Cold Drink question?
ShahnawazA
I Sat this exam =/. First thing I thought when i looked through the questions was THIS IS SO DIFFERENT TO PAST PAPERS. No Allele Questions Or Cystic Fibrosis/Huntingtons. Overall It was OK at best.

Same^
Reply 28
this paper was SO STRANGE :lolwut:

the obvious topics that are the norm for this paper, never came up.

i feel like i messed up some parts. carnivore and herbivores? + what was the whole sankey diagram thing?! aaaah. AQA :mad:
^^^Not jus you..everyone did!
Reply 30
TheFootyKing19
What did you put for thw lactose,lactase question?

what was the question again?

What did you put for the milk question?

Bile emulsifies fat(milk contains fat) into tiny droplets, giving enzymes more surface area to work on, increasing the rate of digestion

What diod you put for the " how do animals use respiration " question?

What did you put for the animals indoors questions?

What did you put for the last question all of it?

And last of all, what do you think the grade boiundaries will/shoudl be?
quite low, seeing as a lot of people found it quite difficult
Reply 31
jungjin1142
well for the ice cold drink, part a was answerable ( cause core temp drops, stops sweating = skin temp rises) part b.. i have no idea what they were going on about.

was that about the graph and how the temperature relates to the ice cold drink?
Reply 32
^ Bile Also Makes Conditions Alkaline In Which Lactase Works At Its Best/Optimum.
So when they grade your paper, if you get a B they'll give you 70 UMS, regardless of your mark, right?
Reply 34
What I Put For The Graph Answer Was... When The Person Drinks The Ice Water, His Blood Vessels Contract, Reducing Heat Loss. This Is Why The Persons Core Temperature Increased.
Reply 35
I found it really hard, screwed up the energy diagrams completely, doubt i got a mark on that Q.
Is it just me or was the font they used different? :biggrin:
Reply 37
jungjin1142
yep.. weird questions. it'll probably say in the examiners report how many candidates failed to understand bla bla bla..like always..

do you remember what you put? i didn't know whether to state the obvious- temperature increases? :s-smilie:

or maybe it isn't that. i don't know :frown:
Reply 38
for the dna questionn... i only said about how dna makes up your genes and contains amino acids? would i get the mark?

and i didnt get the mitosis and meisis and the goat thing cause i didnt read the question! i thought it meant humans not a goat :eek3:
and i didnt get the potato cell thing either! what was the question exactly? were you given the chrms in the body cell of a goat and told to find the no. in sex cells?

im sooooooooooooo scared i need an A! cause im taking it for A lvl.. do you reckon the bounderies will be low?

and does anyone know how this UMS system works?
Reply 39
Do you take your best grades out of the 6 tests ?

Say I got a D in Chemistry in Janruary and got a C in the Chemistry this time would I take the C ? Or don't aqa allow you to take your best grades in the additionals ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending