The Student Room Group

PC2 Maths, AQA 24/05/10

Scroll to see replies

rob...
And the answers: to which I hope you're all very grateful as it's taken me ages to find all the right symbols on microsoft word, and re-do the paper haha :wink:

Hey :smile:
i've just realised that i made a mistake on 5bii), when i found the sum of it, i accidently added 19.5, rather than the -19.5 from (40-1)X-0.5 so instead of getting 70, i got 850!
out of the four marks, how many do you reckon i would get, if any?
thankss!
Reply 341
I felt paper was hardest out of all the past papers id done.

Seems to be alot of controversary about the translations.

I put [3,0] but my maths teacher (who's been teaching maths for over 30 years) said he'd thought we'd struggle with it. He said it was an 1/8th.......aparently it was something to do with the laws of indices. He didnt show me fully though.

oh stupidly I put 3 3 for the binomial not -3!! still kicking myself for it!
Reply 342
nailage
I felt paper was hardest out of all the past papers id done.

Seems to be alot of controversary about the translations.

I put [3,0] but my maths teacher (who's been teaching maths for over 30 years) said he'd thought we'd struggle with it. He said it was an 1/8th.......aparently it was something to do with the laws of indices. He didnt show me fully though.

oh stupidly I put 3 3 for the binomial not -3!! still kicking myself for it!

Well your maths teacher isn't quite as bad as mine, who told me it was a [3,0] haha.

I'm sure it's certainly a translation of 0.75 units though & I'll try and prove it:

Consider the an equation of: y=K, where K is a constant. Let's pretend that this line intercepts both y=2^(4x) & y=2^(4x-3).
The line will intercept y=2^(4x) when 2^(4x)=K, THUS (4x)log2=logK THUS x=logK/(4log2)
The line will intercept y=2^(4x-3) when 2^(4x-3)=K THUS (4x-3)log2=logK THUS (4x-3)=logK/log2 THUS 4x=(logK/log2) + 3 THUS x={(logK/log2) + 3}/4
Which is numerically equal to x= logK/(4log2) + 3/4

This demonsratets that the difference in x between the two curves, is 3/4 irrespective of the value of K. And hence, it is a translation of 0.75 units parallel to the x-axis. Get it now?
Reply 343
rob...
See Page 16, post #s 301-303 for my typed solutions and questions!

Pre & Post exam discussion.
Good luck!

Have you uploaded the exam?
I can't find it ?
Where is c1 aqa june 2010 paper? can someone link me to it please.
does anyone know where i can get MPC2 may 2010?please
anyone got the proper mark scheme for this paper???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending