The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

CHEM1STRY
Ye HJE

I thought so, I was just wonderign why people thought there was a lysosome.
Ah well it's all over now just revision for unit 2.
I thought those vesicles in the diagram were ribosomes :frown:
oh my gosh why were some ppls papers different to others??
:frown:What did people put for healthy volunteers? I put they could react differently to flavenoids if they are unhealthy, as they may have pre-existing conditions
Reply 204
Doublereedfreak
weren't the letters the Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum, Goggi Apparatus and then a Vesicle?

Yeah, sorry, I meant vesicle not lysosome :smile:
CHEM1STRY
:frown:What did people put for healthy volunteers? I put they could react differently to flavenoids if they are unhealthy, as they may have pre-existing conditions

Make the results more reliable
A mate of mine thought the order question was a trick and only put the Mitochondria because he remembered "something about proteins".

:facepalm: .

I think the grade boundary will be higher than its been in the past. At least 42/60 for an A. (Last year it was 38/60).
Reply 207
Unknown-User
I thought those vesicles in the diagram were ribosomes :frown:

As did I. But I looked back at the question and realised there were two different sizes of circular structures. The smaller ones near the RER and mitochondria were ribosomes.
chipsnfish
Make the results more reliable

Hmm I'm not sure that's right ... What do you reckon full UMS is gonna be? About 55/60?
Scrubby
As did I. But I looked back at the question and realised there were two different sizes of circular structures. The smaller ones near the RER and mitochondria were ribosomes.

I admittedly also initially thought "Free floating ribosomes", but then realised that there was Rough Endoplasmic reticulum, which gave you an idea of what free floating ribosomes would look like. Vesicles were pretty much the only other option, since Lysosomes wouldn't really help a protein leave a cell.
you know the question where they asked something along the lines of what G was, they were talking about mitochondria right?
Reply 211
EmergingButterfly
you know the question where they asked something along the lines of what G was, they were talking about mitochondria right?

yeah
Reply 212
EmergingButterfly

yeah :smile:
jiemanm10
yeah :smile:

thanks lol i was getting confused there for a second.
Is there a rough mark scheme going around anywhere? Would love it if someone could forward it me so i could stop feeling like a failure. Lol..
Trytostaypositive
I have them:
Jan 2010 BIOL1 QP.pdf

Jan 2010 BIOL1 MS.pdf

Oh and good luck everyone!!!

I thought i had done well until i got a D (1 from a C) :s-smilie:

Thanks! i printed them off last night, and realised i forgot to say thanks! haha,
that was easy
Reply 217
CHEM1STRY
You don't even do biology

You dumb **** .. how about you read properly and maybe youll find out that i took biology AS in my A2 year ... wasteman