The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
nastynas
Because I didnt put a foreign key to the manufacturer table?

I can't remember how many marks that question was worth, but yeah, I guess you might lose one mark if they're being fussy. I don't really think it's a huge thing, though, so who knows...

maniacsandwichbar
Lmao, in the "blah blah blah" bit, I think I wrote that even if a higher process goes to the front of the list of processes, the processor will continue moving round the processes, which could mean that lower priority processes are being serviced before the higher priority one which could be a disadvantage if the high priority one is really important.

I remember in lesson someone asked my teacher whether to start an array at 0 or 1 and she said as long as you're consistent it doesn't matter, so I don't know... :confused:

Did you do 2 For Next loops?

Hmm, I see. Yeah, I think you'd probably get the top marks in that question. I don't think I really wrote much about scheduling so hopefully I'll pick up the marks in the other areas.

Well, I'll hope WJEC think that. I remember my teacher said you had to start on 0 but I think it would be quite a pernickety thing to pick out. Ah, I don't really mind so much. I did not do For Next loops, though. I did in my original version but I couldn't remember how you concluded a For Next loop because 'Exit loop' looked wrong. So I did a Do Until the count equals thirteen, haha, which must be the most unsophisticated way of doing that question. I take my previous comments back. The algorithm one may be my actual worst question, haha.

maniacsandwichbar
Oh, and I mentioned polling (you've gotta love polling :wink: ) where the processor asks each process if it would like a time slice :P

Polling is defo in the mark scheme so yeah, I think you've probably nailed that question based on what you've said here.
Nailed? Flippin' hell, I thought that question went horrifically!!

I think you would have to have a really fussy examiner to drop you marks for starting the array at 1 as opposed to 0...

To conclude a For Next loop it's simply 'Next'? Like this :

For Index 0 to 11
Some crappy code blah blah blah blah etc
Next

That's it! o.O

I just got this image in my head of the processor walking up to a process with a tray of cakes in the shape of clocks saying "Would you like a time slice?" Lmao!!
Reply 62
maniacsandwichbar

To conclude a For Next loop it's simply 'Next'? Like this :

For Index 0 to 11
Some crappy code blah blah blah blah etc
Next

That's it! o.O

I just got this image in my head of the processor walking up to a process with a tray of cakes in the shape of clocks saying "Would you like a time slice?" Lmao!!

Gah - it's so obvious! I was writing it like "For Next Blah 1 to 12 / End loop" and I knew it was wrong, but we've never used them in class and I didn't use it in my coursework, either, so I couldn't figure out why. I knew you wrote the do until with an end loop, though, so I just shoved that in. I hope they appreciate my effort anyway; it still works kinda. :P

Haha, yeah, that's a neat image. It's definitely an easy point to remember. It's kind of weird to be able to just forget everything now, like all the definitions and junk. I'm not going to worry too much about the errors I made because I did that last year and it came out fine on results day. So, hm...that's the end of that! Do you have many exams left?

I've actually got a mock one tomorrow which I don't know anything for, so I better start thinking about that I guess.
Reply 63
Did anyone find it harder than the CG1 January 2010 or June 2009?
Reply 64
maniacsandwichbar

AMY!
As if I've found you on TSR!
In a computing thread of all places < 3333333

I'm laughing so hard right now.
darcied
Gah - it's so obvious! I was writing it like "For Next Blah 1 to 12 / End loop" and I knew it was wrong, but we've never used them in class and I didn't use it in my coursework, either, so I couldn't figure out why. I knew you wrote the do until with an end loop, though, so I just shoved that in. I hope they appreciate my effort anyway; it still works kinda. :P

Haha, yeah, that's a neat image. It's definitely an easy point to remember. It's kind of weird to be able to just forget everything now, like all the definitions and junk. I'm not going to worry too much about the errors I made because I did that last year and it came out fine on results day. So, hm...that's the end of that! Do you have many exams left?

I've actually got a mock one tomorrow which I don't know anything for, so I better start thinking about that I guess.

Luckily, our class did a ridiculously similar algorithm like last week! I danced a little when I saw this in the exam lol...

I know right! How good does it feel to have completely finished one A Level? I have 6 exams left... Fail!
TLDR
AMY!
As if I've found you on TSR!
In a computing thread of all places < 3333333

I'm laughing so hard right now.

I know right! What are the chances?
Would you believe that Helen said she visited this forum a few days ago and was reading this thread?!

If only she knew that this was you, lmao!

I <3 you Beth ;D
Reply 67
for the 3NF, from the table with errors...
Did you guys see that 'Peddals' had a different code?
Reply 68
The coursework is certainly not out of 100!!! Its out of 70. For example, I got 76% in my coursework, so I got 53/70 = 53 ums points.

Overall, the paper was fantastique'. What I prayed for, is what I got like Recursion, HCI, expert systems, Binary trees....

Though I really really really really hated the algorithm question :frown:
nastynas
for the 3NF, from the table with errors...
Did you guys see that 'Peddals' had a different code?

Didn't notice that, could have been an example of data inconsistency. If you had item code as primary key it wouldn't matter, and we didn't have to copy out the records anyway.
Reply 70
Overall, it seemed to be a nice paper - Binary Trees, BNF, the AND operation, and the masking conserved the least significant bit, packet switching and the usual.

They almost caught me out on the weblog question until I made a decision at the very end of the exam to change my answer! Seemed to be a nice paper, I agree with the 4 tables for the 3NF and there were examples of data inconsistency within the table.

Weren't any "terrible" questions on there, but a lot of long-answered ones, atleast, I felt so.

Was disappointed that there weren't many shift / floating point / generally "mathematical" type questions, but that's life!
haza92
The coursework is certainly not out of 100!!! Its out of 70. For example, I got 76% in my coursework, so I got 53/70 = 53 ums points.

Overall, the paper was fantastique'. What I prayed for, is what I got like Recursion, HCI, expert systems, Binary trees....

Though I really really really really hated the algorithm question :frown:

Why did you hate the algorithm?

And I agree! There could have definitely been more binary/hexadecimal/floating point/negative fractions etc....
Reply 72
hey guys, how did you all do?
I got an A in the written, but got a C in the coursework, it was marked down !
I got 83/100 raw marks in the coursework (marked by teacher)
Reply 73
I got 100/100 on the coursework, and 104/130 (A) on the exam, giving me an overall A. =]
Reply 74
I GOT AN A IN THE CW
I got a D at AS so I was expecting something horrendous..

High B overall though :biggrin: (that crappy D dragged me right down, rarrrrr)

Latest

Trending

Trending